Different Scales

Options
So I started at MFP during the school year and was using the scale in my college's athletic training room the entire time to weigh in. Except now I'm home for the summer and when I got on the scale at home, there was a 3 pound difference. Granted, I haven't had the chance to weigh in for a few weeks because the training room closed a few weeks before the end of term, but I'm pretty sure I haven't lost 3 pounds. I'm part of 2 challenges that need weekly weigh-ins and I'm almost 95% positive the change is just because they're 2 different scales and I haven't actually lost those 3 pounds. What do I do? How can I know which number is right?

Replies

• evenidomhnaill
    Options
    I would perhaps try another scale or 2 and see what they read at to give you a better idea of where you are. Or you can say what you think you weight loss should be and just work off your home scales from there
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    For myself..I trust the proper weight scales..electric scales are dreadful...but..for me..it isn't about WHAT I weigh as much as the number keeps going down...3lbs isn't much..**You could have lost that!!!..Especially during a move and it has been weeks you said!!**....Use your scales and don't get discouraged if that 3lbs comes back when you go back to using real scales...
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For me the scales at the dr's office weigh me anywhere from 3 to 5 lbs more, they are the weighted kind, which Im thinking that's the one's your were referring to. I have the digital one's at home, So maybe you did loose 3lbs, is there anywhere you could weigh on the scales like the one's you had at your college? Then you would know for sure.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    No way to REALLY know, since EVERY scale is slightly different. But since you're using the new scale now I'd go with the weight it says. 3lbs isn't that much and you could have lost it in a couple weeks.
  • swimmer23
    swimmer23 Posts: 70
    Options
    Both of the scales are digital ones. The one we have here at home is the official weight watchers scale, and there's no other scale I can use without going out and buying a new one and I don't want to spend that money. I'm hesitant to say I've lost that weight because I haven't been working out as much recently and eating very healthy because we've had finals. But who knows?
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi swimmer - didn't you just get a cast removed? That could have easily weighed 3 pounds (or am I thinking of someone else). Anyway, I'd go ahead and use the weight on your new scales since that is the one you'll be using from now on. A pound or two difference one way or the other isn't going to skew your numbers too much.
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If they are both digital then I would just go ahead a take it!!! :)))))))))))
  • swimmer23
    swimmer23 Posts: 70
    Options
    hahah alright thanks everyone!!