emotional eating

Options
I wonder if anyone else has this problem. My dad passed away a month ago. Some days are harder than others I won't eat some days and others I tend to over eat even when Im not hungry. I'm a shy person always have been so I don't have many friends at home..I've tired to reach out to family but they tend to look the other way....I'm lost and I'm worried if I keep going the way I'm going I'm only gonna make myself sick... if any one has any suggestions on what might help please let me know thank you :(

Replies

• davidaharsch
    davidaharsch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First and foremost sorry for your lost. I can understand the emotional eating it's been a battle I have fought and still do so. I tend to do it when I'm stressed, things are going bad or I'm feeling down etc. What helps me is I've tried to find different outlets other then food to help me deal with those emotions. Things like taking my dog for a walk, talking to a friend, going for drives I just try and reach for anything but the food. I hope it helps. I'm sending yoy request and maybe we could help each other through it.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    i've noticed that I eat if i'm angry or frustrated.
    I've changed my ways but still have weak moments
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I also eat if I'm frustrated. I didn't realize how connected emotions and food are for me until recently when I realized as soon as one of my kids started throwing a tantrum I started looking for candy.
  • BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss. It's bad enough that you lost your father, but it's also bad you have little to no support system at home.
  • ButterflyLife4Me
    ButterflyLife4Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you've heard this 1000 times... In time the pain of losing someone gets weaker and your good memories get stronger, it's hard to do but you have to push yourself keep strong and try to find other ways than eating to make you feel happy. Hiking helps
    Blessings
  • RebelMom14
    RebelMom14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost my dad 2 and a half years ago and have gained 30+ pounds since. I have always been an emotional eater and never noticed how bad it was until then. I still have a very hard time finding motivation to lose the weight and take control of my habits back. Send me a friend request if you want I would be happy to talk through problems and motivate each other.