187 days in, finally hit a healthy BMI range! Is this real life?

Options
kellellie
kellellie Posts: 109 Member
Just shy of 6 months in, 187 days and 37.2 pounds later, I am officially considered a healthy weight.
F/30/5'10"
HW:260 (86.2lbs ago!)
Made MFP account: 225 (51.2lbs ago!)
Fell off MFP: 203
Restarted in May:211
CW:173.8

I was aiming to get to this goal by thanksgiving, but had my doubts about it after a very stressful few months and the stall that came along with that. Thankfully it seems i've broken through the other side a week early, even after being stuck about the same weight or higher since september!
This comes on the heels of a great NSV yesterday. My "goal" was to buy myself some size 10 jeans for christmas, so yesterday I went and tried some on to see how close I was. They fit! Not WELL, but they fit, buttoned and zipped and I didn't feel stuffed into a sausage casing, just a smidge tighter in the hips than I like. Those puppies are mine come christmas!

Replies

• luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats on persistence! Your hard work is paying off!
  • kellellie
    Options
    Thanks! I'm nothing if not stubborn :)
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Sometimes get slightly pissed for not doing this sooner.
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work
  • Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I just hit the healthy BMI weight range today!
  • lapierrecyclist
    lapierrecyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Great way to just stick to it.no matter if you fall off for a bit.. Enjoy those size 10's!
  • kellellie
    Options
    Old photo I found yesterday really shows me the difference!

225lbs
    1ud8pdteqlkb.jpg

173!
    m85drrbc8x6e.jpg

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Nicely done - you look great!!
  • kim130562
    kim130562 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Aw thats amazing how long did it take
  • kellellie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I went from that 225 pic to 211 just because I had surgery 2 months after that photo was taken and was sick from all the meds. I lost from 211-203 summer before last in about 3 months, but stopped and over the next year went back to 211.

Part of why I lost so little in those 3 months was an undiagnosed autoimmune disease. Dealing with a lot of pain and inflammation.

I started mfp again in May so from 211-173 has been just under 6 months. The autoimmune stuff is pretty much completely controlled now, and managed by diet and lifestyle only, no more meds! The weight loss was so much faster this time. Most of that was lost in the first 3-4 months, I've been stuck around 179-176 since September. Lots of "life happens" stuff. Since things have calmed down I seem to be back to losing again!
  • kellellie
    Options
    I'd like to break into the 160s by January! Things have slowed down a lot. I also plan to pick up some heavy weights soon
  • dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good work! What's your goal weight?
  • kellellie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It's vaguely set to 160. My "goal" was to get inside a healthy bmi before January (when we're going to start trying to have kids). I'm small boned so I could theoretically lose another 30lbs, but I don't really care, I think I'd be perfectly happy in 160s or a size 8, whichever happens first. I have a feeling once I get into comfy 10s I'll be more interested in body comp than weight.
  • ardenspark
    ardenspark Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! From one tall girl to another, just being in that range is really amazing! I went from 193 to 143 in 2012 (I'm 5'11). I couldn't maintain my size 4 self (I like food and booze WAY too much), but settled for trying to stay just under 150. I'm a solid 6 - I was a 16 at my heaviest so it all doesn't seem real sometimes!

I found pics myself from 2011 that I actually had to verify if they were me. It's amazing when you see the befores after you get used to the after for a while.
  • kellellie
    Options
    That's awesome, I'm gonna get there soon and that doesn't seem real most of the time either!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!