I lost 67pounds (30 kg) in 4 months !

Options
MasihIrani
MasihIrani Posts: 10 Member
my name is Masih, about six years ago I was almost 97 kg With 180 cm height:) and everyone was calling me fatty. I started my journey, diet and exercise together. I went to gym everyday for two hours. I finally lost 30 kg in 4 months:) any question is welcome:)

Replies

• RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That a lot of weight in a short period of time, what are the major changes that you made in your life?
  • MasihIrani
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Fikile2015 wrote: »
    That a lot of weight in a short period of time, what are the major changes that you made in your life?

In what area do you mean by major changes in my life?
    I completely stopped drinking sodas, stopped eating junkie foods and reduced my food portion. I had been eating a lot of rice before in a meal.
  • faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well I envy you right now lol great job !
  • bluepanda512
    bluepanda512 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congratulations.
    May I ask what contributed majorly to the loss? I mean any particular diet/habit/exercise that helped you?
  • MasihIrani
    Options
    faduma123 wrote: »
    Well I envy you right now lol great job !

Lol. Thank u
  • MasihIrani
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congratulations.
    May I ask what contributed majorly to the loss? I mean any particular diet/habit/exercise that helped you?

Dear bluepanda, I have explained a little about my diet just three comments earlier, I cut off drinking soda, stopped having junkie foods and reduced my rice portion. Plus I went to gym everyday for about two hours :) was really difficult but I had to do it because I really wanted.
  • LiorSolomon
    LiorSolomon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What did you use to do at the gym? Cardio? Weights?
  • MasihIrani
    Options
    What did you use to do at the gym? Cardio? Weights?

Mostly, cardio. But I did weights too.
  • chaturvedisnigdha487
    Options
    Hi
    could you please give more details about gym routine (especially time)
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great job im on that same path I started working out two hrs 6days a week cardio and weights u are right its depends on how bad u want it
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • mariazm_840
    mariazm_840 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 10 kgs. Can you please help me?
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You did great. Don't let NEIGH SAYERS put you down. That isn't a fast loss, just a perfect loss. My doctor recommends 1-4 lbs a week to lose weight even if you are close to your goal. Your body will naturally adjust to what you are doing.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    You did great. Don't let NEIGH SAYERS put you down. That isn't a fast loss, just a perfect loss. My doctor recommends 1-4 lbs a week to lose weight even if you are close to your goal. Your body will naturally adjust to what you are doing.

Your doctor is obviously bucking the medical trend of 1-2lb/week except for very obese people. The other common recommendation is keeping it under 1% of your body weight per week. Do they have any scientific evidence to back up why that is a good healthy rate?

4lb/week is very hard to achieve regardless of it is healthy or not. I mean, that is a 2k calorie deficit per day (assuming 100% fat loss). For me to do that I'd have to eat only 800 calories/day, which definitely is not healthy for a 180lb man. I'm pretty sure that my body would have to sacrifice a lot more than just fat to keep me alive.

Also, it is so sad that everyone thinks those who are concerned about the health of those trying to lose weight are "NEIGH SAYERS" (why do we have to resort to ad hominem attacks?). When science starts backing that losing over 1% of your body weight per week is healthy (outside of strict doctor supervision for extreme cases) I'll change my tune, but right now there is only evidence that it increases muscle loss, hair loss, nutritional deficiencies and other health problems.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options

Your doctor is obviously bucking the medical trend of 1-2lb/week except for very obese people. The other common recommendation is keeping it under 1% of your body weight per week. Do they have any scientific evidence to back up why that is a good healthy rate?

4lb/week is very hard to achieve regardless of it is healthy or not. I mean, that is a 2k calorie deficit per day (assuming 100% fat loss). For me to do that I'd have to eat only 800 calories/day, which definitely is not healthy for a 180lb man. I'm pretty sure that my body would have to sacrifice a lot more than just fat to keep me alive.

Also, it is so sad that everyone thinks those who are concerned about the health of those trying to lose weight are "NEIGH SAYERS" (why do we have to resort to ad hominem attacks?). When science starts backing that losing over 1% of your body weight per week is healthy (outside of strict doctor supervision for extreme cases) I'll change my tune, but right now there is only evidence that it increases muscle loss, hair loss, nutritional deficiencies and other health problems.

+1.
  • BalvinderSingh
    BalvinderSingh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    congrats dude! how intense was your workout? I cant even run 100 metres. Did you start walking on treadmill or cycling for 2 hours?
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I like to think I am an exception to this. Since May I have lost 112lbs and achieved fat loss while gaining muscle. I am under close doctor and nutritionist's supervision. I workout 6 days a week 2x a day. It is by no means easy, but definitely worth it.

That's an average loss of 4.6lbs per week. No hair loss or any other weird health issues to speak of.
  • norasatqa
    norasatqa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like to think I am an exception to this. Since May I have lost 112lbs and achieved fat loss while gaining muscle. I am under close doctor and nutritionist's supervision. I workout 6 days a week 2x a day. It is by no means easy, but definitely worth it.

That's an average loss of 4.6lbs per week. No hair loss or any other weird health issues to speak of.
    [/quote]

Congratulations ..good job What did you do to lose that weight ? I'm 314 Ibs and i want to be 175 Ibs Can you tell me about your journey of losing weight
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Well done !!!
  • chrissiecastellano
    Options
    Good job MasihIrani!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!