30+ Question - Weight Loss and Extra Skin

Options
Hey Guys and Gals!

I'm 32, 240 lbs and looking to get down to a nice fit weight. I do not plan to drop fast, slow, steady, and lots of muscle building along the way.

I have had a child and have extra skin from that already. I'm terrified that my skin will not shrink with me. Has anybody lost the weight at my age or older and had success with skin shrinking with you? I want that body I never had....please say its not too late!

Replies

• lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, never had a baby, and have loose skin and stretch marks..and it really doesn't matter. Yes, there were times I got discouraged as I have been loosing weight, but I've come to realize, who cares? I can do so many more things now (run, hike, climb) and it's not like the people I date have any complaints. My body might not be 'perfect' but it was much FARTHER from perfect 100 pounds ago.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I'm 33, have given birth 3 times, started at 231 lbs 2 years ago and am now hovering around 180 lbs. I am not where I want to be but I can't really see where I'll have loose skin when I do reach my goal.
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Google gelatin. It's great for skin (along with bones, joints, vitamin & mineral absorption, etc.) because it works from the inside out. I don't hear it mentioned on these boards and that surprises me.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    lizzocat wrote: »
    I'm 29, never had a baby, and have loose skin and stretch marks..and it really doesn't matter. Yes, there were times I got discouraged as I have been loosing weight, but I've come to realize, who cares? I can do so many more things now (run, hike, climb) and it's not like the people I date have any complaints. My body might not be 'perfect' but it was much FARTHER from perfect 100 pounds ago.

That is a very good way to think about it! Perhaps I'm in need of a change in perspective! :-)