Going out for a meal

I'm doing pretty good with weight loss atm eating about 1700 cal a day. On sat were going out for a meal @ Frankie & Benny's, got no way of accurately adding those calories so what do people do? Just call it a blip or or eat even healthier during the day? Thanks

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/frankie-and-bennys

This link should help you, enjoy your night out :)
  • Jayz395
    Jayz395 Posts: 90 Member
    Thank you
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 661 Member
    If I can't find the nutrition facts for the exact restaurant we are eating at then I find the meal's nutrition facts at another restaurant and use those. I tend to look at a few different restaurants and take the one that sounds the closest. I'd rather overestimate too.

Of course the calorie count won't be 100%, but it's probably not always 100% anyway when it comes to restaurants. ANd as long as you are only eating out like that once in a while it shouldn't make you falter too much.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Check the website for nutritional information! :]
    Also - remember it's more than okay to have a one-off meal that isn't necessarily 'perfection' in terms of calories. Just enjoy and continue doing what you were doing the following day!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    You could also always ask to have the cheese/mayo/dressing on the side and that way maybe have a little bit less calories from those foods on your plate. Cause you can self-regulate then. :) I've found it to be a good way to cut some calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    cut back 1 - 200 calories per day in the week leading up to it

have an additional 7 - 1400 calories to spend on my meal

or exercise a little more in the days leading up to it but save eating them back till meal

eat light on the day

enjoy myself

choose carefully, log as accurately as I can - not worry if I end the day at maintenance plus my extra allowance

not worry about scale fluctuations over the next couple of days
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    I look up similar items from chain restaurants. Then use that. For example, a really good burger is around 650 calories at a good place. This is also why I don't measure morsel. It's just never going to be perfect. But provided I come close, I've continued to lose.

Eating out is my social life, so I'm not giving it up!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Dude I work at frankie and benny's! I know exactly what goes into everything if you want advice feel free to ask after having staff meals there daily I know the ones to go for with less guilt!!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/frankie-and-bennys

This link should help you, enjoy your night out :)

This is a very old menu, basically none of this is on the menu anymore sorry!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    I usually just eat less during the day (that way I'm hungrier when it comes to the meal out anyway). As Rabbit suggested, going by a weekly goal can work well. You can cut a few 100 off each day leading up to it if you want. Or you could just log it, count it as a rare treat, and carry on as usual the next day.
    I love the odd meal out, always have and probably always will. I usually go for whatever I fancy at the time and worry about calories later (just for that one meal). What's the point in going out for dinner if you're just going to restrict yourself or get a salad? (unless salads are your thing, but if you're going to Frankie and Bennys it seems doubtful haha). Just enjoy yourself and be mindful the rest of the week :)
  • KezJT
    KezJT Posts: 32 Member
    any chain restuarant will either be on here already or have nutritional info online/on the menu. Smaller places don't always have info - pick other restuarant meals that are similar and assume yours is the most calorific of them all:)

I eat out loads, and hardly ever from chains cos, y'know, the man is baaaad;) I fit it into my 1200 cals daily so if I can do it, anyone can! (you can't fit dessert into 1200 though - either give it a miss, exercise a lot or have several low days either side)
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    If it's a chain I will google around and see if there's a calorie count menu. If it's not a chain and it's a fairly normal meal (ie a burger, tacos, etc) I'll use best guess based on a similar chain's calorie menu. If it's a truly unusual or special meal, I just plan for it to be a splurge meal.

For example, we have an AMAZING mexican place near our house, and they make delicious tacos with soft corn tortillas. I obviously don't know the calorie count for this place specifically, so I use the calorie count for an equivalent meal from Chipotle. We only order from here once every few months, so if it's off slightly it's not a huge problem.

On the other hand, if I'm going somewhere fancy or special, I usually know that ahead of time and purposely don't snack and eat lightly the rest of the day. I did that for the jewish holidays too, since I knew I wasn't going to be able to easily ballpark the exact calorie count of my mother's brisket and such.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    You eat pretty low cal considering your sex and how much weight you have to lose. I'd just look at the calories listed on the menu and pick something reasonable. There appear to be several good options per the website: http://www.frankieandbennys.com/menu/main