Geeky gamer girl looking for new friends to join this epic and perilous journey!

Options

Replies

• CatherineHillin
    CatherineHillin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Another nerd!!! I'm also a huuuuge fan of Zelda, skyrim, game of thrones, Harry Potter...all the nerdy things. CW 175 GW 150 but I've never done anything like this before and I have asthma so I can't really work out much...it's really hard... Would love some friends, we should all support each other in being healthier! (Sorry for poor diction, I'm typing all this on my phone). Add me, fellow nerds!!!
  • SarahStartingOver
    SarahStartingOver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread and I had to post. I think I can wear the throne of geeky gamer girls-I met my husband playing league of legends. And when I say I'm a gamer girl, I mean I grew up playing SNES, Sega, N64, old school games, and have played on almost every gaming system since they started becoming popular-now I have graduated to COD, and LOL mostly, because of less time to find more games. Lately, between my school and work I have much less time to game and also have put on quite a few pounds :( (Who would have though you would be skinnier when you gamed more right?) I have always been a closet gamer and none of my girlfriends play with me or really even know I play. Also into LOTR, Harry Potter, GOT, tons of other stuff that I read through here seeing lots of people with similar interests. Anyone feel free to add.
  • SoapGrl
    SoapGrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What do I do immediately after joining MFP but search out other geeky people like me lol. Feel free to add me. I love fantasy and sci fi. I belong to more fandoms than I would like to admit. I was never a huge gamer but lately I'm addicted to GoW. This weight loss journey is going to take awhile so I would love to share it with fun people :smiley:
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Holy moly guys sorry for the late replies, had figured this thread had gathered dust already XD Awesome to see geeks are still coming out of the woodwork!

@clau9734 Console gaming, awesome! What do you play? Adding you in the meantime :)

@sobriquet01 Everytime I see someone mention anime it reminds me that I have so many I need to catch up on XD Sending a request your way!

@darkcowboy Dang Magic: The Gathering, I haven't played that in over a decade. Been sooo long but playing Hearthstone has definitely made me miss it. Added!

@alwayskeepfighting82 Welcome to MFP! Hopefully you the app/site/community as much as I have. It's made a huge difference having all the diff types of support available and having geek pals to go on this journey with has made it all the more fun :smiley: Sending a request!

@suzaka Awww thanks so much for the words of encouragement! No matter what end of the spectrum you're at when it comes to health/fitness/weight etc. I agree that it takes hard work and dedication and learning to put yourself first, which at least for me was a foreign concept XD Adding you!

@aurora184 Zelda! I think the earliest fantasy cartoons I can remember are He-Man and She-Ra, anyone remember those? XD And I agree, it's been awesome to realize how many fellow geeks and nerds are actually here, I never could've suspected it myself hehe Adding!

@CatherineHillin Definitely adding you, and Skyriiim! I've been on a Bethesda/Elder Scrolls/Fallout kick lately, can't get enough of open world RPG goodness XD And I can see why not being able to work out much can be a challenge, but it's still definitely one you can overcome. Half the fun on this journey is learning about how to create a new and healthy lifestyle that works for -you- :)

@SarahStartingOver Haha nice! Only played LoL and Moba's minimally, I'm really not good so that's always made me hesitant considering how super cereal people seem to be about it >.> I grew up with consoles too and was also the lone gamer amongst my IRL friends. Once I started into PC gaming I was able to connect with sooo many fellow gamers it was like a whole new world had opened up XD Adding!

@SoapGrl Haha welcome to MFP! That's awesome that your first post happens to be on this thread, there are a lot of really chill, geeky and supportive people here. I'm in the same boat as you in that I know this chapter of my life is going to take a while, definitely makes it a lot more fun to have friendly and like-minded people to relate to while you're on this journey :) Sending a request your way!

• clau9734
    clau9734 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I play mostly rpg and shooters. Been playing GOW and Cod lately
  • FeenixFlashfire
    FeenixFlashfire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... 53 year old gamer... D and D,champions, super world, role master etc

Resident Evil, underworld, firefly/serenity, all things Joss whedon...

Renfaires and Dragoncon...
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Sorry I completely missed these!

@clau9734 I actually just recently bought some COD games! Never played them before and I'm nervous but I did start out with shooters and it's been a long time. Adding you!

@FeenixFlashfire I've been wanting to play D&D for so long, really need to see if there's any local groups that would consider taking a nub like me XD Added as well :smiley:
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me if you like.
    P
    I'm an IT tech, and a big gamer, playing Fallout 4 at the moment but also love Mass Effect, farcry etc. Mainly PC but sometimes Xbox.

Love anything sci fi, but game of thrones too. And Firefly :)

I do my best to support.
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @marikaCL Done and done! Sounds like we share most of the same geeky loves (just doing another playthru of Mass Effect 1-3, I can't stay away from it for too long XD)
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My name really is Arwen, so I had a geek destiny from the start. :) Feel free to add. I'm always grateful for mutual support.
  • Drama74
    Drama74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I love this! I'm a long term WoW player (I actually paid one of my children to do the Argent Tournament dailies for about 6 months) and I dabble (badly, really badly) at Civilization :)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @ArwenP Yes, yes you did! Sending a request your way, can't ever have enough support on this journey imo :)
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Formerly sponsored gamer geek here. I'm down :)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @Drama74 Welcome aboard! Been getting back into WoW after a long hiatus... man I always miss it. It's like coming home, there's so much history and nostalgia hehe Sending a request!

@brillmer87 Sponsored gamer geek, as in pro? Dang, lemme bow down if that's the case XD I'm an ambitious but filthy casual in comparison haha Adding :smiley:
  • brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    @FitGeekery hahah being a sponsored gamer meant sitting at my computer all day every day and eating *kitten*. That was partly the reason I got fat LOL.

But yes, I played a few games professionally. Got flown to LAN tournaments etc. I miss those days :)
  • jrmalice
    jrmalice Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You. Need. Ingress. Download it and start walking / hacking / deploying NOW. FR incoming.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    *waves geek certification papers* I rather feel at home here. Sent you a friend request Fit =D

I played wow for a bit, but got out of it a long time ago. If I ever got to my goal weight I am definitely going to hit a convention in cosplay. Everything from comics to games I'm in. My current poison is Destiny.

If any of you fellow nerdsters wish to add please do!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @jrmalice ... omg... what is this awesomeness???

@x_cinder_x Haha no need to prove geek cred (or even have any really), but hi and welcome all the same XD Always happy to see another geeky gamer girl and hopefully you'll find the others in here just as awesome as I have :smiley: Added!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    @Drama74 , that's brilliant about paying your kids. I've got my niece & nephew leveling pets for pet battles for me. They absolutely love it :smile:
  • Drama74
    Drama74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    @Drama74 , that's brilliant about paying your kids. I've got my niece & nephew leveling pets for pet battles for me. They absolutely love it :smile:

Sorry, I only just saw this! I tried to get them to do the pet battles, but my little one just keeps smashing buttons until my pets die