Why aren't you feeling it?
  • Magdaslogin2015
    Magdaslogin2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i dont know
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    40 pounds is not insurmountable . Put in your numbers and start logging everyday, good or bad. Make it a habit. You can do this. Read the stickies at the top of the Getting Started board.

Best wishes:)
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    How do you eat an elephant? - one bite at a time. The same applies here - one day at a time. Keep your goal in sight and one day you will reach it. Since you want to lose that weight for "good" - you got to realize that what you need is not a "diet", you need permanent adjustment to your life. If you approach this as a diet, then, one day, that diet will end and then what? Eating as before? Why are you here? Because that "eating as before" got you here and it will take you back to the same place again
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 40lbs.it sounds insurmountable but I look at each day as a step. One day of eating right is nothing. Feel free to add me on here for support.
  • imaneboudlal2
    imaneboudlal2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40 pounds as well. Maybe we can motivate each other , share our daily food intake, exercises and some tips.
  • Magdaslogin2015
    Magdaslogin2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    im on the nutrisystem program foods not that great
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Then as @MasterVal said, you need to look at this as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. You can still at foods you like that aren't part or a "diet" or "program" as long as you have balance with other food. Have a look at your macros and calorie goals, are they sustainable? If you really can't live without pizza, you don't have to - you just have to learn not to have it every day and that the rest of that day/week should have lots of whole foods to balance it.
    You also don't need to try and change everything at once! At first, you can just try having slightly smaller portions, then after a while (a week or two) try adding some exercise (even a casual walk is better than none). Once you have both of these as part or your new habits then consider altering your food a bit, a few more fresh veg and a little less processed food - or however you chose to tackle your goal. The point is, if this really is going to be a change forever you can't expect it to happen over night. And you will have days where you completely fall off the bandwagon! It's just life. As long as you're willing to forgive yourself and start fresh again the next day, you will get to your goal.
    Feel free to send me a message or add me. You will find lots of support on MFP.
    Good luck! :D
  • m2marsh
    m2marsh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How many of the entrees have you tried? Most people find some they love, some that are OK, and some they hate. Just like at any restaurant's menu. Plus there are various legal ways to jazz them up to make them better suit individual tastes.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Weight and fat loss is like any other goal. Specify what you want to achieve, then break it down into multiple smaller elements that are easier and faster to achieve so that you continue making process and are motivated by your own tracked success. You need to know what you want, and want it, then break it down and do it. Everything else is simply one set of tools or another to get you to where you are aiming, and whichever one works best for you as found by trial, error and advice, is the one you use.