Water Intake...

Options
Hi everyone, I'm really trying to drink loads of water, but I'm unsure about how much a 'cup' is? Roughly how many ounces of water should I be drinking as 1 cup?

Replies

• crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    8 ounces of water, like an actual 1 cup measure.
  • squiddledeedee
    squiddledeedee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    8 ounces is one cup.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    8 ounces is considered a cup....so if you drink a bottle of water (usually 16 oz) it counts as 2 cups :)
  • mammado11
    mammado11 Posts: 26
    Options
    I bought this big plastic cup at the dollar store that came with a lid and straw and it helps me to drink more water. I think the cup is almost 34 oz, and I usually fill it 3 or 4 times a day!!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I recently invested in Camelbak water bottles. Don't know why, but I have begun drinking A LOT more water/tea/Crystal Light since I bought it. I got one that was .75 liter or 24 oz.
    Kaye
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    8oz is 1 cup. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces everyday.

I weigh 275 divided by 2; i should be drinking 137oz a day, then divide that number by 8(ounces) to get number of cups...My number is 17.

I keep a 24oz water bottle on my desk at all times (3cups), and then everywhere else i go I have a 16oz waterbottle (2cups).
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm really trying to drink loads of water, but I'm unsure about how much a 'cup' is? Roughly how many ounces of water should I be drinking as 1 cup?

Ya know ... I heard this rule of thumb at it always stuck with me (thought it could be bad recommendation!) lol ...

Anyway, half your weight in in pounds is how many ounces you should drink ...

So if I weight 160, I should drink about 80 ounces of water a day ... which is 10 cups ... and since I usually drink a 12 ounce glass of water, about 6-7 of those a day ...

I dunno ... probably flawed if your outside a healthy weight range but it sounds reasonable :)

~Matt
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I get the Deer Park sports bottles (a case of 24 at Sam's Club is only like $6). Each bottle is apprx 23.7 oz (so I count it as 3 cups). I notice that using the sports bottles helps me drink more because I squeeze when I drink, so I get more water at a time than with other types of bottles/cups. I'm up to over 3 of the bottles a day.

oh, but yeah, 1 cup = 8 oz
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    8oz is 1 cup. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces everyday.

I weigh 275 divided by 2; i should be drinking 137oz a day, then divide that number by 8(ounces) to get number of cups...My number is 17.

I keep a 24oz water bottle on my desk at all times (3cups), and then everywhere else i go I have a 16oz waterbottle (2cups).

LOL, I just posted the same thing ... glad I wasn't the only one who heard that ... now at least I feel affirmed!! ;)
  • PositiveMummy
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Thats really helpful about the half your weight thing. So I have to drink 9 cups of water a day :) Now i know, woo hoo x