Need motivation 50lbs to go

Options
I want to lose 50 lbs and feel good about myself again. Right now I'm afraid of what this extra weight will do to me. My family has a history of high cholesterol and I don't want a heart attack to claim me so young. My aunt was in her 30s and my dad was 42.... I need motivation. I keep giving up because I'm afraid I'm going to fail anyways :(

Replies

• bluenoser38
    bluenoser38 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's daunting, but give yourself a chance. I'm also just starting out on this adventure, trying to lose 50 pounds. When I set everything up, I didn't even set my goal weight for the 50 pounds I knew I needed to lose; it took me two days to find the courage and honesty to go back in and make that change in my profile.

I also have a family history of heart disease, but I've been trying to remember that genetics is only part of the equation. There is a lot that I control; what I eat, whether I exercise, and whether or not I allow stress to rule my life. I am trying to take moments to enjoy small things; today, I found a laundry soap that I really like. Such a little thing, but it made me smile.

Have faith in yourself, and take it one day at a time. I like to remind myself that there are three aspects to fate; that which has happened, that which is happening, and that which is going to happen. The ship of the past has sailed, but you are still in control of the choices you make today, and impact that they will have on your health tomorrow.
  • msgrmarucci
    msgrmarucci Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I am aiming for 60 pounds...and have a simple goal of trying to lose only 10 pounds per month. Started Sept. 8, and just hit the 25 pound mark this week. Each time I lose 5 pounds, I pick up a free weight of that capacity, which motivates me because I realize how much weight I was carrying around.
  • sinyingying
    sinyingying Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My family also has history of high cholesterol.
    I removed my gallbladder last year, when i was just 24. The gall stones was SO BIG it's scary.
    A lot of people say its not an important organ anyway. But hold on, read up on what caused it.

My diet was horrible. I was (AM actually) overweight for life. VERY very close to obesity according to my BMI.

To cut it short, I'm all alone when it comes to fitness and food now. I'm Singaporean, Chinese. Food high in sodium, Fats, Carbs. It's hard for me to eat alone, looking at what my family eat and what I can eat.
    I'm on a strict diet to lose 15KG in 100 Days. If I can do it, I know you can too.

You know, I don't talk to people about this in RL.. But what gave me my motivation is within reach online..
    Youtube "the biggest loser". There is a lot of people that weighs more than you. And if they can lose the weight, there is no reason you can't. Good luck!~