Heart Rate Monitors (specifically Microsoft Band)

Options
Hi all,
I'm looking to purchase either a Fitbit Surge or a Microsoft band, I really like the band but I heard it's not really good with the iPhone. Can anyone let me know before I make a purchase?
I know the MS Bands are sold out right now, but I was going to wait if necessary.

Replies

• Flambe72
    Flambe72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My wife had the Band and tried it with both an iPhone 5S and a 6. Both had problems - for instance she was getting ghost notifications for text messages that she didn't actually receive on her phone. So there are definitely some issues.

However, it was able to otherwise synch, send notifications, etc. They've since updated the Band with new firmware but I have no idea if it helped with iOS compatibility because my wife returned her Band (she didn't like how it fit her arm more than anything else).
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    They are both junky, imo.

Wait for a few more months, save up, and get the iWatch that actually works with the iPhone. Make a worthwhile purchase.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. The heart rate monitor is not very accurate and i think the same HR monitoring technology is used in the Surge.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use the polar FT7 and my wife has been telling me to get a new HRM since mine is acting up. I was considering surge as well but heard mixed reviews. I am trying to research possible HRMs but I want a built in like the surge. That or I might get a h7 chests strap and continue use it with iPhone 5s and my ft7 watch. Let us know what you decide.
  • Flambe72
    Flambe72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They are both junky, imo.

Wait for a few more months, save up, and get the iWatch that actually works with the iPhone. Make a worthwhile purchase.

Your opinion is based on what? You'd tell someone to buy an iWatch that has less than 24 hours battery life?
  • ChrisMcCullough1
    Options
    I have the band 2 and it works just fine with my iphone 5. Other than not being able to use cortana I havent found a single feature that doesnt work