Seeking phone accountability buddy.

Options
Six years ago I was able to lose a significant amount of weight for the first time in my life. I attributed that success to my best friend who was also losing weight with whom I lived with. We kept each other accountable.
I'm on the weight loss band wagon again but I need someone I can talk to for support. I want someone who will be my phone buddy, someone with whom I can have a standing appointment every day to discuss how we've done, how we feel, and what are plans for the future might be. I'm in the US, Mountain Standard Time. Maybe interested in cutting back from daily to twice a week once habits are established.
Right now I'm feeling tired. I'm maintaining my calorie deficit, I've reached my steps for the day but I ate some stuff I probably shouldn't have. I know the fatigue is because I've cut TOO many calories but it's hard to allow myself more.

A little about myself: I'm a 25 year old divorced single mom. I'm going to school and I have a four year old daughter.
Is there anyone out there who feels like this might be a mutually beneficial arrangement?

Replies

• seddna23
    seddna23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know what the time difference is like from the US to South Africa but I am more than happy to try help :) I am a 23 year old woman from South Africa currently working in the amazingly stressful world of Graphic Design for print
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am located in San Diego Ca I use to have a running partner so I can relate what is like to have a buddy to keep you going. Many people are not interested in fitness and losing weight. It can be easy to fall into old habits. I am always falling off the wagon and restarting these days. I have a son he's a year old. I like run I am not very fast. I get nervous in gyms most times I don't know what I am doing. I like home workouts simply because I can easily just follow along.
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely idea. I am in Denver so mountain time as well. I will send you a friend request!
  • fabir
    fabir Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need somebody to help me stay accounts too! I've made my food diary public, that's a big deal to me. Last year using MFP and exercising I lost over 30lbs. I slowly gained all of it back.
  • BigMama24mfp
    BigMama24mfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Seddna, wow, South Africa! You are nine hours ahead of me. It's night time for you right now. So cool.

Prettyfitchick, sometimes it is the hardest to start and just keep going. For me, I really needed a kick in the pants so I'd have enough motivation to stay at it. I still feel like I'm just starting but I'm more motivated than I've been in a long time so I'm hopeful that this will result in the long term motivation to keep going.

KateMonster, glad we are now friends! Seems like you've got your hands full with the littles. Let's do this together!

Fabir, making your food diary public sounds like a great idea. I think i'll do that. I gained back 20 of the 35 lbs I had lost all those years ago. Let's talk about what we can do to make our weight loss stick.
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'd love a phone accountability partner too. I'm in Glasgow, Scotland and the only support I have is MFP, seriously! My family have become renowned experts on sabotaging me and not really encouraging my journey. I've lost on here before but gained it all back. Feel free to add me :)
  • amandanicole90a
    amandanicole90a Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im down!! Im 25 with a five year old son and a five month old daughter. Im in RI so I'm not sure of the time difference but its cool with me
  • themadteapot
    themadteapot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, and a full time college student in a small desert town in California. I'd love to have a phone friend to keep myself accountable and chat with about food and excercise and all that jazz :)
  • LadySanguin
    LadySanguin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a 29 y/o female, 3 kids, and a full time job. I'm looking for a few friends too. I'm also trying out intermittent fasting 16:8. It's been a week so far on IF, but my lifestyle diet has been going for about a month now. I'm currently at 225 lbs and I'm 5'8" with heavy boned build. I'm trying to exercise HIIT 3-4 times a week and at least walk/jog a mile every day. However I've been experiencing some sciatic nerve issues so I'm a little limited until I heal.
  • BigMama24mfp
    Options
    Look at all of these people who want a phone buddy! Shall I pair you all up?
  • BigMama24mfp
    Options
    Look at all of these people who want a phone buddy! Shall I pair you all up?