Skinny Chicks dont eat salad

Options
Anyone read the book? Follow the advice?

Replies

• imfittted
    imfittted Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this too. I just ordered it on amazon (for a total of $4 including shipping) because I thought it sounded interesting.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Was interested and just read the reviews on amazon and there are tons of success stories in the reviews. Check it out. Might pick the book up myself just to learn about nutrition in general!

The reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/Skinny-Chicks-Dont-Eat-Salads/product-reviews/1605299979/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    i would save money and stick to the following:

- eat as many whole foods as possible, minimize the processed stuff
    - eat lots of vegetables, some fruits (hopefully ones with less sugar such as berries and peaches/drupes)
    - eat protein from sustainable sources if possible... eggs are one of the best foods ever, consume them frequently
    - do not fear fat, for it is sugar that causes insulin spikes and prompts more fat storage than fat itself - have butter on your veggies - it's got vitamins and good things for your body, whereas smart balance and other margarines are highly processed
    - beware of carbohydrates NOT from veggies, fruits, nuts and SPARING whole grains - they still impact your metabolism
    - if you are hungry, eat; if you are full, stop
    - 80% of weight loss is dictated by your diet
    - 80% of the time, try to stick to eating well, but don't freak if you have cake once in a while, or even a bit of chocolate each day

on amazon, it got 4 stars. it might be worth it... but you can probably find the same advice or information from the book online without spending money on it... I hope that helps!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

- eat lots of vegetables, some fruits (hopefully ones with less sugar such as berries and peaches/drupes)
    - eat protein from sustainable sources if possible... eggs are one of the best foods ever, consume them frequently
    - do not fear fat, for it is sugar that causes insulin spikes and prompts more fat storage than fat itself - have butter on your veggies - it's got vitamins and good things for your body, whereas smart balance and other margarines are highly processed
    - beware of carbohydrates NOT from veggies, fruits, nuts and SPARING whole grains - they still impact your metabolism
    - 80% of the time, try to stick to eating well, but don't freak if you have cake once in a while, or even a bit of chocolate each day

on amazon, it got 4 stars. it might be worth it... but you can probably find the same advice or information from the book online without spending money on it... I hope that helps!

What FANTASTIC advice! Just because whole grains are better than highly processed grains doesn't mean you should have 10 servings of them. And that fat isn't your enemy, sugar being the real source of weight gain. All gold. It's nice to hear helpful statements like this- Thank you!
  • Grumpelina
    Grumpelina Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Skinny chicks DO eat salad - they just are sensible about the dressing...
  • Shan605
    Shan605 Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks guys, i borrowed the book from the library and she makes understanding your body and the way it needs food very easy. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and any advice
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just checked and I can get it at my local library. I figure I will check it out for free. :love:
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

\\
    So good I copied to save for all time.
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    oh my goodness... also save this website for all time:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

I know it may sound weird... a 'primal' diet or whatnot, but this guy really just preaches moderation, common sense, and eating as whole and sustainably as your budget allows. he's got some great insights!

:)
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Be careful about the positive reviews--while I can't speak to this particular book, a lot of publishers and product manufacturers offer incentives, rewards, or discounts for positive online reviews, which seriously skews the seeming results.

Kris
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I read the book and loved it. It explained and made sense of a lot of things I just didn't know or understand. I loosely follwed the meal plans for a couple of months. It really helped me make better food choices and I highly recommend it.
  • blueridgewoman
    Options
    LOVE Mark's Daily Apple. I followed his advice and have lost 30lbs in a year, which doesn't sound like much, but it was effortless weight loss. I fell off the wagon these past few months and am back to following a paleo diet (ahem, with small amounts of cheese... :D ) and I already feel much better.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading the book. I laughed at the title and like the bits of humor throughout. It's more into the science of how your body works with food than I thought it would be - very informative & I am liking it.