Questions about an unhealthy weekend..

Options
So yesterday I ate whatever I want, considering it was my weekly treat day.
But today I slipped because I was out all day with my bf.
I had timbits, pizza and now steak ?

Will this make me gain some weight back ? should i worry ? its two days in a row.. but i have drank soooo much water.
I completely plan on getting back to my normal daily plan tomorrow..
give me your honest opinions.

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will most likely see a slight uptick on the scale. No matter how much water you pushed, you'll still retain the sodium.

How much did you go over by each day? I have no idea if you will see an actual gain or not. I tend to go WAY overboard when I go overboard so two days would certainly be a gain of probably a pound for me. But, I have friends that can control themselves even when not eating well (i.e. one slice of pizza or one glass of wine ---- one of either of those is not in my vocabulary) so they could eat what you said and not gain a thing because they watch their portions better than I do.

But, either way, nothing you can do about it now. This is life and life happens and two days - even if you gain - aren't going to matter in the long run :) You have the perfect plan of just getting back to normal tomorrow - just don't let it become a weekly thing and you will be just fine!!!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Haha, don't freak out! We all have those day.. or two or three..
    It's okay to slip up, just don't slip into a habit of the days.
    Exercise a little more this upcoming week and remember to just have smaller portion sizes.

I'm not sure if having a 'weekly treat day' though where you eat anything you want is that great of an idea for your body, because you don't want to feed it way more food or unhealthy food when you are eating the exact opposite the rest of the week. It will confuse your body and it will take longer for your metabolism to diminish the extra calories and fat that you ate that one day. If you're making a lifestyle out of being healthy, "treat days" probably aren't the best idea because your mind is going to think once you lose what you want to lose that it's okay to go back to how you were began your journey for weightloss. That's my opinion.
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, I went out with my boyfriend on monday and ate pasta and dessert and alcohol and lord knows what else. The next day I was up 1.5lbs and the day after I was back to exactly the same weight as before my binge! I wouldn't worry. The water will help.
  • lmoldes
    lmoldes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You might gain, but don't let that get to you at all. Consider it a set back, shake it off, and keep moving forward. You'll have these from time to time you just can't let them get to you mentally. Get back on plan tomrrow (like you said) and look forward, you'll do fine.