Best way to lose belly fat?

Options
started to do crunches lately and after them my stomach starts to hurt, however a few seconds after i stop the pain goes away. is that normal? other than that whats some other ways to lose belly fat (no machines please)

Replies

• misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    if it feels like a knot then that is your muscles working. that is a good pain. overall the best way to lose belly fat is cardio... you need to melt the fat off the abs for them to show through. eating a clean diet low on sugar and sodium will also help you. my tummy is my biggest problem area. i have lost 30lbs and still feel like i look preggers!
  • Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    started to do crunches lately and after them my stomach starts to hurt, however a few seconds after i stop the pain goes away. is that normal? other than that whats some other ways to lose belly fat (no machines please)

While crunches will make for strong abs, it won't do very much for burning the fat in that area. The body burns fat from wherever it wants regardless of the body part that is trained. A clean diet is the pathway to seeing your abs. :smile:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Walking has helped mine and with My Hubby's too.:happy:
    Love Walking, and HATE:mad: Crunches.
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't 'spot burn'! From what I've heard, doing crunches and ab exercises is great for toning the muscles underneath the fat, but it won't help actually burn the fat. The only thing that will do it is clean eating and a combination of cardio and strength training - which is what we should all be doing anyway! Trust me, I wish there was a quick fix!!!
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Keep doing the crunches and ab workouts (Jillian Michel's 30 day shred has some good ones), it will tone your abs and you may lose a little bit in inches. But, the main way to get rid of it is to keep losing weight =(
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    This is going to be difficult, but avoid products with High Fructose Corn Syrup in them. HFCS encourages the body to store fat in the mid section (this is why I maintain that nature knew what she was doing, so there was no need to develop food built by science). I cut HFCS out of my diet as of June 1 (now, i did go out for dinner with my MIL one night and had dinner over at my parents' place one night and couldn't have so much control there, so I've maybe consumed it twice so far this month), and I can tell you that it's made a big difference for me.

You do have to burn all over fat to get it to disappear, but toning the area will help and avoiding HFCS will help your body stop trying to store everything there.