edited November 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am trying bulk and I am currently taking in
2,040 calories
140 protein
255 carbohydrates
68 fat
I am 140 pounds an 5'5" 19 years old

Does this seem pretty good?

Also, what about for when I want to start cutting? What should it be then?

I weight lift 5 times a week and I also work as a housekeeper so I am constantly on my feet at work for 5 to 6 hours 5 days out of the week.

Replies

• mlboyer100
    mlboyer100 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I do percentage of total calories intake. Mine is set for 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat for weight loss. I change it up a bit for weight maintenance. Its worked for me for weight loss and I've been able maintain for almost six months with no gain! My calories have changed from 1350 to 1600 now but the percentages stay about the same. I workout 5 days a week for 45 minutes alternating cardio and strength training. Muscle does burn fat! Build muscle! I was in a wheel chair last Christmas from a hip replacement and now I'm able to everything I want to do with only limited restrictions. My nutrition is right on target to rebuild the muscle I lost. let me know if you want to know how I did it. Health is 80% nutrition and 20% fitness.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'd personally up the protein to about 190gm, buts that's if it was me :smile: I'm 5'7 65kg and 37 years old......2100 is maintenance cals for me!
  • domenicogiambanco
    Options
    Seems pretty good I'll probably up my calories just a bit 2500 is a good starting point
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I am trying bulk and I am currently taking in
    2,040 calories
    140 protein
    255 carbohydrates
    68 fat
    I am 140 pounds an 5'5" 19 years old

Does this seem pretty good?

Also, what about for when I want to start cutting? What should it be then?

I weight lift 5 times a week and I also work as a housekeeper so I am constantly on my feet at work for 5 to 6 hours 5 days out of the week.

you'll likely need more calories to effectively bulk. for a female of your stats and one who is training, 2,000 calories is likely too low to bulk.