Cheat meal quality or quantity

Options
If I have 8 weeks left until I need to be on a stage with a bikini,
1. should I be lowering carbs?
2. And do cheat meals slow down progress (even iffym cheat meals)?
3. Has anyone tried the fat shredder on p90x?
4. Should I be adding more cardio?

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    1) not unless this is the best way for you to stay within your calories for the day.
    2) yes, absolutely
    3) nope
    4) define "more." You shouldn't be killing yourself.
  • ANT98
    ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    1) not unless this is the best way for you to stay within your calories for the day.
    2) yes, absolutely
    3) nope
    4) define "more." You shouldn't be killing yourself.

2. So it's best to eliminate them or really reduce their frequency?
    4. As in instead of 2 days total body, 1 arm, 1 leg, 1 day cardio, should I be adding like 20 min HIIT to my weight training workouts? (I usually have 20-30 sec rest with weight workouts)
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    alexxazt wrote: »
    If I have 8 weeks left until I need to be on a stage with a bikini,
    3. Has anyone tried the fat shredder on p90x?
    4. Should I be adding more cardio?

1. No, shouldn't be necessary if you're on track for your stage weight
    2. Depends what you mean by cheat meal. Some people refer to cheat meals as eating the foods they don't allow them self to eat on their restricted diet. Other people refer to cheat meals as eating a very high calorie meal and basically disregarding your calorie goal for the day. If you're on a strict diet, you can absolutely have a "cheat meal" if that means eating whatever you want but fitting it into your calorie and macro goals.
    3. There is nothing inherently special about any particular workout. I'm sure you've been lifting heavy during your weight loss, and doing cardio. If you are on track for your stage weight, then you're good to go and keep doing what you're doing.
    4. If you're not on track to reach your stage weight, than you might consider adding in more cardio, otherwise, it's not necessary.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If it helps you adhere to your diet, then yes. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter.
    Anything involving extra calories will slow down progress. If your "cheat meals" are "cheating" in terms of food types and not in terms of calories, then most likely they won't affect your progress unless they make you want to consume more calories and affect your adherence.