So glad I found myfitnesspal

Options
noni77
noni77 Posts: 58 Member
I have just joined myfitnesspal. :smile:

I am currently 155kgs - want to be 77kgs.

My photo shows me finishing the CIty2Surf in Sydney, Australia in August 2010. I weighed 165kgs, and had done absolutely no training to get ready for the 14kms of the event. :noway: I walked it in 3 hours, 22 minutes and some seconds.

I finally decided to get serious about my weight loss in May 2011. You can read about that on my blog:
http://fitandhappynotfatandhippy.wordpress.com/

I'm already in training for the 2011 City2Surf. I've walked in two fun runs recently - 9kms and 10kms and finished in just under 2 hours both times. :happy:

So, my short term goal is to finish the City2Surf in under 3 hours and look happy in the finish line photo! :glasses:

Longer term goal is to start running again.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Replies

• TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! It's a great site! :flowerforyou:
  • Trinity0210
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • jlbiles
    jlbiles Posts: 283
    Options
    I will second this. Welcome. It amazes me that you can walk those distances. I am working my way up to be able to do those things.
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I will second this. Welcome. It amazes me that you can walk those distances. I am working my way up to be able to do those things.

Hi Jackie,

It really is only a matter of taking one step at a time. Although, before I started the 2010 City2Surf I decided if it got too much at any point I'd just call a cab to take me to the nearest train station :laugh:

I highly recommend the runkeeper app (I have it on my iPhone) along with great music.