Glad I have shades on my windows

Options
The last week I couldn't go to the gym due to... well life. So at night I have been making sure I get my at least 30 active minutes according to my fitbit. A couple of nights I danced (Eminem would have been shocked by my rendition of rap god) and last night I jogged in place and up and down my hall for 30 min. The question, other than are my neighbors likely to call the cops, is is jogging in place even worth doing or should I just read some more of my book and tap my leg a lot?

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets your heart rate up is worth doing. If you get bored just running in place there are thousands of work out videos on YouTube. Fitnessblender has several popular ones.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Jogging (even in place) is better than fidgeting. I'm sure your heart rate was elevated. That's good for your heart....it's a muscle. Plus the high impact is good for your bones.
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I did some body weight work too, but I wanted the 30 active min lol. The dang fitbit makes me a bit OCD

Also it is hard to get bored when your 12 year old and two dogs are following you barking and laughing the whole time.
  • Comforteater15
    Comforteater15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Your dogs were laughing
  • starwhisperer6
    Options
    Or begging me to stop ruining the families reputation in the neighborhood :)
  • 1098mn
    1098mn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Anything gets you up and moving is great

I use swork lite
    When I can't get to the gym
    You can tailor your workout to whatever time(s) you like
    Check it out at the App Store if you have an iPad or iPhone
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    What a picture I have in my head right now. It's great to approach all this exercise, fitness, diets and stuff with a good sense of humour. That's what gets us through the days sometimes. As for your neighbours, maybe they could join you. Keep on keeping on.
  • starwhisperer6
    Options
    1098mn wrote: »
    Anything gets you up and moving is great

I use swork lite
    When I can't get to the gym
    You can tailor your workout to whatever time(s) you like
    Check it out at the App Store if you have an iPad or iPhone
    What a picture I have in my head right now. It's great to approach all this exercise, fitness, diets and stuff with a good sense of humour. That's what gets us through the days sometimes. As for your neighbours, maybe they could join you. Keep on keeping on.

I will check that out! I love anything I can use on an electronic device :) and my heart rate was defiantly up.

I approach every part of my of my life with humor... otherwise I shall lose my mind :)
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    The dogs were probably swearing at you for not taking them for a run instead. But really no different then my library of health and fitness tapes. Yes tapes. They are that old. Buy a step box.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    To get those last few hundred steps in I will walk the stairs up and down, do a few laps around the dining room etc. Fast pace, especially the stairs. I don't know how effective it is but I a promised myself 10,000 steps and dang it....Im gonna get 10,000 steps. I might throw in some pushups, and squats to feel like I am actually doing something :)