anyone with a removed lapband..need help

Options
I had my band removed last September. Trying to keep the weight off. need to lose 15-20 pounds..

Replies

• speedygonzales32
    speedygonzales32 Posts: 21 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hello Shannon,
    I also have a lap band. I have had several problems with it - once the band slipped, than this year in May I was so frustrated that I had gained so much back, but yet was only able to keep bad foods down. I am sure you know which ones work lol.
    Anyways I went to the dietician and she ordered x-rays to see if I had a second slip, but turned out that over the years I had stretched my asafagus extremely out. I had a big pouch over my band where the food would collect. The only option for me was to open the band completely and let it rest and recover my stomach. I was so terrified to gain even more. I barely fit in a size 18. So I started to track my food and actually was so happy I could eat an apple or a turkey sandwich since years. I feel so much better now, knowing I can eat everything, I just need to watch the calories and how much i eat of it. No more soups, or running to the bathroom because food got stuck.

My starting weight pre surgery was 289 lbs lost a lot of weight and than in May this year I was back at 228. My band is now completely open. I lost 60 lbs making me 168 lbs. or about 77 kg. I feel great, much better than with the band and I have considered having it removed as well.

May I ask you what your reasons where and if you encountered any problems?
    How hard was it to convince your surgeon? I know in Canada the surgery isn't covered but if anyone else knows ... Is the removal of the band covered by blue cross????
    Where they able to go in in the same
    Spot of your abdomen?

Thank you