Protein Shakes

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm about to run out of the protein I've been taking since high school and was curious to see what others use and say about their choices. I currently use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey. Does the job, and is cheaper than almost everything else out there. What do YOU use?

ADD ME AS A FRIEND!!

Drew Hammond

Replies

• jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hiyas I like Unjury. I drink it everyday. Muscle milk is also a good one. I havent tried lot of different ones though. :)
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    I use Isagenix, but unfortunately it's not cheap:( I may be looking for a new protein shake too. A friend of mine uses, Jillian Michael's Protein shakes. I'll ask her about them and get back to ya.
  • enela
    enela Posts: 9
    Options
    I use the Optifast 800 on the advice of my doctor. It provides the protein and also vitamins needed. I hear that Medifast is good too.. both are kind of pricey though.
  • Frisbeekid91
    Options
    I think I'm going to try out the Scivation Whey. I use Scivation Xtend, which is a GREAT muscle recovery powder for a great price. A friend of mine knows the owner and swears by the protein, so I'm going to give that a try. Keep posting though I like seeing what people say! ADD ME!
  • Skaren
    Skaren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Drew,

A really cheap alternative is eggs and milk. Protein powders are just basically dehydrated eggs and milk.... i work closely with a nutritionist who gives me great menu guideline with only a multivitamin as supplements. I teach fitness classes for a living; 15 75 minute classes a a week plus training clients and running after 3 young kids...so i need a lot of protein so i can recoup fast and avoid injury.

Just offering a different point of view. Hope that helps

K:)
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I drink Vi-Shakes after workouts, they're a great recovery!
  • dan76n
    dan76n Posts: 23
    Options
    You can also buy frozen egg whites in most super markets for around $7 for 950grams.
    works out cheaper than eggs but If your into free range your best to stick with eggs themselves.
  • Frisbeekid91
    Options
    I currently have no way to cook eggs. I'm living on campus at the University of Southern Maine and the kitchen is undergoing renovations. But as soon as it's available I plan on having eggs for breakfast every morning. Thanks!
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use premier protein shakes...30g protein, 4g carbs, 1g sugar. Tastes great!
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    Go to supplementwearhouse.dot com you can get good quality protein at a good price. I dont think you should take the same kind more than a month or so at a time your body get use to it and dose not do as much good. Just like with lifting you need to keep your body guessing about whats comming at it. and as for my favorite protein I like synta-6 good luck