I declare this week... Ice Cream Week

Options
13»

Replies

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oreo McFlurries represent my ice-cream intake and that is only once a week as they get boring. Not too many thrilling brands over here. Maybe I am just not that into it which is why I don't know.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    As interesting as that honey stuff sounds above, isn't that frozen milk-cheese? I would like to try it, but I wouldn't really call that ice-cream. Frozen banana too. Awesome I am sure, but not ice-cream.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I usually keep gelato in the freezer-less calories but I went to Culvers and got 4 quarts while I was there: Brownie Thunder, Bonfire S'mores, Mint Brownie, Red Raspberry
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    http://wonkywonderful.com/cherry-ricotta-ice-cream/ Made with sour cherries, Splenda, and Fairlife 2%.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I have 5 different types of ice cream in the freezer:

Cadbury Top Deck
    Espresso Tiramisu
    Snickers Ice Cream Bars
    Crunchie Ice Cream Bars
    Homemade banana maple cashew

It's always ice cream week at my place. 70 odd lbs down so far :)

where is the talenti?????
    that Cadbury ice cream sounds pretty good
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Soopatt wrote: »
    As interesting as that honey stuff sounds above, isn't that frozen milk-cheese? I would like to try it, but I wouldn't really call that ice-cream. Frozen banana too. Awesome I am sure, but not ice-cream.

A frozen banana doesn't have an additional dairy ingredients added to it, nor is there a churning process.... So, I'm not quite sure you'd label it as ice cream. Can you freee an apple and call it ice cream?

http://www.icecreamnation.org/base-recipes-start/

"Good base-recipes will allow you to go a long way. Here, you will find four different ones (and one for sorbets) to begin with. Try them, compare them, and add flavouring and mix-ins as you like.

Better understanding of the various ingredients in ice cream will open the door for further exciting experiments, for example playing around with different types of sugars and honey, or replacing milk and cream by soft cheese, or testing the effects of different stabilisers, or trying exotic or unusual mix-ins and flavours … making your own ice cream opens whole wide fields for experimentation!"

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2014/08/ricotta-ice-cream-gelato-recipe/ - Example of custard base vs non-egg.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Poor foreigners are deprived of Talenti. Don't worry, I had half a pint of Double Dark Chocolate yesterday to make up for her :)

I like you. One of my favorite flavors....yum.

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I keep little mini-ice creams in freezer and at 220 or so calories, I can plan it into my day's calories. I love ice cream. Though i have to admit that Honey Ricotta looks amazing!
  • izerop
    izerop Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mmm, so many goodies in this thread. I might evolve this to ice cream year as suggested. And, I do need to catch up to some of you ice cream champs.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I ran out of the usual, so I was inspired by this thread to try gelato for the first time last night. Yum! Maybe I will try talenti next time. Finally, a fitness challenge I think I may be able to complete.