Martial arts?

Options
Does anyone on here practice any martial arts? I've been doing krav maga for about 2 1/2 years and love it. I'm an L3 practitioner and would love to get my L4 in the next year or so. I'm also interested in doing instructor training.
I'm very interested in other martial arts as well (especially BJJ), but haven't tried any out. Would love to be friends with some fellow marital artists, though :)

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    This seems familiar anyways bjj is fun and I'm learning kempo striking.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Quite a few - there's a group for Martial Arts as well.

I started with Shorin-Ryu, which led me to TKD and now I'm back in a more traditional Okinawan style as well as beginning Feeding Crane. Always been lucky with great teachers who draw from any style that works.
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    muay thai and bjj here
  • VirginieBarrette
    VirginieBarrette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kickboxer here. I'm mostly boxing now, but will probably start Tae kwon do next January :)
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Just started Krav Maga 2 months ago. Love it.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm a BJJ white belt, with a bit of judo throwing for competition prep. I play around with karate on occasion and I fence (some class that with martial arts, others don't!) I train mostly at an mma gym.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ltworide wrote: »
    Just started Krav Maga 2 months ago. Love it.

Started Krav about 3 months ago and love it as well. It's expensive though so not sure how long I'm going to stay with it. I didn't join for the fitness factor, I just wanted to have the peace of mind of knowing how to handle a bad situation if God forbid I ever find myself in one. But boy is it intense. I've done Insanity, T25, etc and those 2 minute bag drills in Krav take me to the absolute limits of my physical abilities more so then any program I've ever done. :s

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    BJJ, blue belt.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Karate 1 kyu, taekwondo bo dan. Kendo experience as well, knowing 7 katas (but my basics are really pretty bad, if I'm honest. We had a rather nontraditional training.) All told I have 12 years of experience... if I wasn't married to an Army man, I might even have a couple black belts by now. :P But I'm not really worried about that. It's the training I love - at the ranks I've achieved I can usually keep up with the black belts. I'm thinking of trying Judo at our next duty station - I know absolutely nothing about grappling, and I think it would be fun to try.