Thanksgiving

Options
lanasawelsby
lanasawelsby Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone entered in their Thanksgiving recipes and logged them in to see how much it totals?? I just did and find it hilarious how ridiculous that day will be! The gym will be seeing a lot of me after that wreck!

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I entered mine last year and saved it as a meal. It was 780 calories for that dinner including dessert. I'll be having pretty much the same stuff this year. I don't think that is too bad since my usual dinner is often 500-600 calories.
    It is one day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can't unfortunately because I won't be doing the cooking... so I have to guess. But I'm making the apple pie, and I can tell just the pie is going to be a lot, lol.
  • kaleforlife
    kaleforlife Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Too much effort to log that day. I will be out out of town visiting family. If I do log that day it will be a pain in the butt, there is no way to measure. Everything I log will be a guess, with out a scale.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    just make sure you set yourself up for success instead of failure. I found that eating alot of raw veggies and snacking on some fruit and nuts ,drinking a ton of water with lemon in it will help curb the appetite to gorge or eat alot of dressing ,potatoes ect. i wind up putting literally a tiny scoop of everything on the plate , eating turkey first and not wanting to finish much of anything else because i am too full. the next day i feel better and i feel like i beat the system lol
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Look for a local "turkey trot" 5k run/walk in your area (if you want to). That's worth at least a piece of pie :)
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Already had our Thanksgiving, I'm in Canada, but this year was really good, we had Turkey, gravy, stuffing, lots of veggies and I made garlic mashed "mock" potatoes (cauliflower) everyone loved it. My very very picky daughter loved them said it was the best sub I have came up with so far. The trick is to eat them hot, when it cools is when you get the strong cauliflower taste. Happy Thanksgiving enjoy
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i like the turkey trot idea!!! thanks for the reminder . i did a 5k in oklahoma city one year and it really helped me feel better at dinner time
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have been at my maintenance weight for about a month. A week and a half ago I decided to lose 2 lbs as a preemptive strike on thanksgiving! Half a pound more now! Think I'll do the same ahead of Christmas brunch :)
  • tsscholten
    tsscholten Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mpat81 wrote: »
    I have been at my maintenance weight for about a month. A week and a half ago I decided to lose 2 lbs as a preemptive strike on thanksgiving! Half a pound more now! Think I'll do the same ahead of Christmas brunch :)

Great idea!
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! At least you're in good spirits about it! ;)