BODYBUILDING Community!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a body builder, add me as a friend if you're trying to gain weight and we can be friends on here! I'm currently at 3,500-4,000kcal a day, 55%Carbs, 25%Protein, 20%Fats and making very good progress :-)

Join the community and we can make this journey a lot more fun!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    That seems like a lot of calories for bulking. Are you very active?
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cool. I'm in. I'm at 155 right now. 5'7". I don't really have a goal weight. My plan is to bulk until about March.

I'm shooting for 2500-3000 calories for the next few weeks and see if I'm gaining. 1 gram per pound of protein. Let carbs and fat fill the rest. I want to stay as lean as I can while still gaining. Don't want to put on too much fat.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    6'2 and around 165-168lbs. Currently on 3650 cals. 500 carb, 220 P, 90F

I also made a bulking thread where others posted their macros!
  • denelifet
    denelifet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oh fun! Count me in!

I'm doing a slow lean out this winter at 1600 cals/day with 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat....I might bump up my calories to 1800/day but continue the %'s for awhile and see how the ole' body reacts...

I've just started keeping track of my weight on MFP so it will only show you the most recent weight loss....when in actuality, I started this 5 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs to date...I weigh in again on Saturday morning, and will continue to weigh in every Saturday morning.

the one thing I do not want to do is incorporate anymore of that dreadful cardio than I absolutely have to....LOL

I lift heavy 5 days/week and do 30 mins of cardio 6 days/week....

Height: 5'10"
    SW 195
    CW 187
    GW 165-175 depending on how lean I need to be for stage...

• jkuckian
    jkuckian Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    That seems like a lot of calories for bulking. Are you very active?

Hey, yes I am! Two days on one day off, with an active job too :-)
  • jkuckian
    Options
    Riff1970 wrote: »
    Cool. I'm in. I'm at 155 right now. 5'7". I don't really have a goal weight. My plan is to bulk until about March.

I'm shooting for 2500-3000 calories for the next few weeks and see if I'm gaining. 1 gram per pound of protein. Let carbs and fat fill the rest. I want to stay as lean as I can while still gaining. Don't want to put on too much fat.

Sounds good man!
  • jkuckian
    Options
    6'2 and around 165-168lbs. Currently on 3650 cals. 500 carb, 220 P, 90F

I also made a bulking thread where others posted their macros!

Sounds like solid macros you've got there mate! And that's ace!
  • jkuckian
    Options
    denelifet wrote: »
    oh fun! Count me in!

I'm doing a slow lean out this winter at 1600 cals/day with 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fat....I might bump up my calories to 1800/day but continue the %'s for awhile and see how the ole' body reacts...

I've just started keeping track of my weight on MFP so it will only show you the most recent weight loss....when in actuality, I started this 5 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs to date...I weigh in again on Saturday morning, and will continue to weigh in every Saturday morning.

the one thing I do not want to do is incorporate anymore of that dreadful cardio than I absolutely have to....LOL

I lift heavy 5 days/week and do 30 mins of cardio 6 days/week....

Height: 5'10"
    SW 195
    CW 187
    GW 165-175 depending on how lean I need to be for stage..

Congratulations on your weight loss man! That's amazing progress, and sounds like you have things down to a T there. To be honest 6 days of cardio is a dedication on top of lifting, sounds like you're making solid progress!!
  • Riff1970
    Options
    So, who else here is in it for stage competition besides denelifet?

I like bodybuilding but I know I don't have the genetics for the stage. I'm just doing it for some muscle size and to look better.

Good luck to the competitors.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've competed twice and will be doing my third show in the spring.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to compete in the near future. I just need to add some more mass since my job kind of took a lot of it away lol.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I'm prepping for first figure show in April 2016....
  • johnnyThi
    johnnyThi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Guys add me up! I'm not trying to hit the stage anytime soon (just a personal preference) but I am trying to BULK! Add me up so we can motivate each other. I'm trying to track every day. Let's see you people.
  • _Bropollo_
    _Bropollo_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Planning to compete in 2017
  • Riff1970
    edited November 2015
    Options
    One more pound today. 156 now. That Halloween candy is doing its job! :D
  • ihab90
    ihab90 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 5kg more before I start to cut
  • tsalagirose
    tsalagirose Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cutting right now
  • Komnenoi
    Komnenoi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to break that 170 mark!
  • muscledavis
    muscledavis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Competing sounds fun! Im trying to bulk till March then start leaning out for the summer B)
  • muscledavis
    muscledavis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Komnenoi Eat big or stay small :#