Options
    Has anyone tried Bistro MD?
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    No....what is it???
  • Combat_Tourer
    Options
    Real late posting. I have been using Bistro MD on and off since beginning of Nov, 2009. If I stick to it for the week, I am virtually guaranteed a 3lb loss. I am at or around 375lb

Great things about Bistro MD:
    1 - Food is pre-packed, home cooked and really tasty. Breakfasts, not so much...Lunch and Dinner are way more flavorful and satisfying then any other pre-packed food I've tried, including Healthy Choice, Nutri-System and a local similar service called "Diet to Go"
    2 - Food arrives at my home either Wed or Thur, packaged in a cooler with Dry-Ice
    3 - All the nutrition values and calorie counts are determined by the nutritionists who cook the food, so I don't have to deal with it.
    4 - Calories of the right sort of nutrition are the focus, so lots of protein and vege. The goal is roughly 1,200 cal/day, give or take 100...which I believe is what the Biggest Loser goal is. 1,200 cal/day is just enough to keep your organs healthy and happy.

Not so great things about Bistro MD:
    1 - The cost. My 5 day a week with Snacks plan costs $170/week. That works out to around $11.30 per meal. For me, that is a cost I can live with since I don't like to cook for just me (one person) because I tend to waste the leftovers. That means I go out to eat, and usually for around $18 a meal.
    2 - Breakfasts: The lunch and dinner meals really are exceptional for flavor. The breakfasts usually include some oat-stuffed turkey sausage, or protein waffle. This really isn't something that would end this for me because I would normally skip breakfast anyway. But having it here, and on such a calorie restricted diet, I am hungry enough in the morning to eat anything :smile:

My overall suggestion is, if you have the money and can justify that losing weight is worth it, give it a shot! There is no commitment other than a week-to-week agreement that you can break anytime prior to Wednesdays. I have been pleasantly surprised that I like this plan.
  • kristikida
    Options
    I'm doing this diet now now and 100% loving it. I am writing a very informative blog about this plan here : http://thesearemytwistedwordstoday.blogspot.com/2010/08/diet-w-bistro-md-post-1.html
    This isn't spam just good information.
  • iDoc
    iDoc Posts: 8
    Options
    I started this program yesterday and will be updating my profile page with food pictures and quick thoughts. The food today was so good that I have to remind myself that it is calorie controlled! Feel free to "friend" me.