NSV 0 pounds lost

Options
jellebeandesigns
jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
edited November 2015 in Success Stories
I have been feeling discouraged by my lack of pounds lost (started at 179, I'm 181 now) but I've lost a lot of inches. I wore a dress today that I had wore in June...look at that difference C9740F7E-5319-49B6-B6D9-4868FD74C6E2.jpg

Replies

• glitterlizzy
    glitterlizzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great, I can tell a huge difference. Keep up your hard work, it's paying off!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What a perfect example of how the scale doesn't reveal the entire truth! Well done!
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I'm training for a marathon and lift heavy 5 days a week, the chance of me actually seeing the number drop are slim to none...which is really discouraging
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for posting this! Your progress is amazing. The scale is such a dirty liar, but it can be so hard to ignore. Thanks for the reminder. :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Then don't look at that number! Look at your measurements number :) Or your sizes number. Obviously there is quite a difference between the two pics. Also....since you lift....you can focus on those numbers going up. ;)

Either way...you look amazing! =D
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    If you are lifting weights ..many times those folks don't lose pounds..but shrink! It is maddening.. but the photo doesnt' lie. you look way smaller.
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    It's true and I think the hardest part is getting out of our own minds.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Such an obvious difference, great job!! Throw out that scale!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    What a perfect example of how the scale doesn't reveal the entire truth! Well done!

Omg heck yes it does! Wow thats amazing. May I ask about any exercise you do?
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    brb2008 wrote: »

Omg heck yes it does! Wow thats amazing. May I ask about any exercise you do?
    I run 30 minutes days a week (up to 35 minutes this week) because I'm training for a marathon, I also lift heavy 4-5 days a week (5 if I skip yoga, 4 if I make it to yoga)
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! A great reminder that the scale doesn't tell the whole story! You have clearly lost many pounds of fat, and built lots of compact, awesome muscle!
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I guess it's time to bye Felecia the scale
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thats brilliant!
    I love these stories where people stay the same weight but get (and look) fit!
  • twin0602
    twin0602 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the scale. Inches are what matters. Keep up the great work!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    same thing i was about to say.. :P
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I am having that situation as well .. I've been in a deficit of lose .5 lbs per week for 3 months now. The scale never did budge ___>but I saw myself not being able to fit clothes I could before and I also looked more slim and fit overall.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    Options
    You are amazing
  • jellebeandesigns
    Options
    I am having that situation as well .. I've been in a deficit of lose .5 lbs per week for 3 months now. The scale never did budge ___>but I saw myself not being able to fit clothes I could before and I also looked more slim and fit overall.

It's really crazy how it works but I just bought jeans 2 sizes smaller so I'll take it
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Look great. Did you reward yourself with a tattoo too? For being so badass!! I like it. congrats on your hard work.
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work n loving the dress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!