New here and hoping to lose thirty pounds!

Options
Saffyra
Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
Hi, I'm hoping to find some friends here to keep me accountable! I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 140 (down from 145). I'm hoping to get to 120 and maybe sneak in some more loss beyond that. I've never been lower than 120 in my adult life!

I'd love to make some friends for support, accountability and an occasional sneak peek at what you are eating to give me ideas.

I have a bad habit of getting too excited about losing the weight and thinking its okay to go hog wild for awhile (and gaining all that loss I was so proud of back). /sigh

I'm still fumbling my way through the site and having so much fun logging my calories. I'm very serious about doing this and being honest about what I'm eating, exercising regularly and NOT derailing once I get down to a decent weight!

I'd love to accept or send friend requests!

Replies

• Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi there-

Welcome aboard! You will find lots of encouraging people here who are going through the same thing you are. So please, feel free to add me!
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we have the same goals and the same height!
  • ildi59
    ildi59 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Welcome you came to the right place, lots of good people here.
    Just sent a friend request :)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5ft 1 1/4 inches and started at 135, down to 129 since I joined here just under 2 months ago. Hoping to possibly make it down to 120 eventually :happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Saffyra. You will find support, encouragement and accountability here. Feel free to add me.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too. My current weight and goals are fairly similar to yours. Add me if you like!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! Requests sent! Its nice to have people with similar goals to give everything a little balance.
  • Dance98
    Dance98 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! I'm here for the same reason! but heres some advice: set small goals first and increase them as you go.:smile:
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Welcome Saffyra,

I don't focus of scale weight. I'm focusing on my body fat percentage/pounds of fat and my inches.

I like to motivate and encourage people. I'll be your cheer buddy. Befriend me if you want to.
  • CurlyLeslie
    CurlyLeslie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We have a lot in common. I'm aiming to lose 25-30 pounds and don't want to repeat my go crazy and lose/then regain it back cycles. I think MFP is going to be a huge help and am excited to be here. If you are still looking for weight loss buddies, send me a friend request!
    Leslie
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I joined 30 days ago and am really a fan of the site - but am definitely in need of additional friends! Feel free to add me.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome!

i started off on 141 (in jan) having already 17lbs beforehand. if i can do it , so can you! currently 120lbs , im under 125lbs for the first time in 8 years!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm hoping to find some friends here to keep me accountable!

I'd love to make some friends for support, accountability and an occasional sneak peek at what you are eating to give me ideas.

I'd love to accept or send friend requests!

Welcome :smile: and glad that you found your way over here to MFP.......

You'll find Tanya, Jen & Casey from our old toot :bigsmile: opps I mean group here :laugh:
    check under my friends listing :wink:

Still waiting for Jaime and Kerri to find us :ohwell: