Dumped WW for MFP!

Options
As a frequent traveler who needs nutritional access to many, many foods, MFP has really fit the bill for me! MUCH better than WW, which only allows some branded foods/restaurants into their database leaving us to guess if something isn't in there. I've felt much more in control with MFP because I know *almost* anything I eat will be in the DB.

It's a little confusing to have to choose from several member entries and that really should be monitored and cleaned up a bit but I'd much rather have some choices than none at all.

I have a 25 pound goal from June 1 to December 1 and MFP has already helped me lose 3 of it. Tomorrow is my second weigh in... wish me luck!!!

Best to all in their own journey to health. :-D:flowerforyou:

Replies

• butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am a former ww girl. Love mfp. Feel free to add me as a friend to motivate each other.
  • gordonsmom
    Options
    I also dumped WW.....did not like the new program!
  • DebGaDavey
    DebGaDavey Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been on ww before as well, lost a fair amount of weight but of course quit and put it back on. I like this site cause its free and had lots of support. Good luck.
  • twinkle1074
    Options
    I really think WW old flex points plan is pretty similiar to MFP. The new plan...not so much. I actually think we can learn from both sites and use the information as needed. I still use old tools and tips I learned when I used the old WW flex plan and the MFP app by far does a great job at showing the most updated information and calories on most Restaurants that I frequent. So with that said...We should do whatever works : )
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Plus MFP is free.
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am also a former WWer and I'm loving MFP way better than counting points.

With MFP, it sets you up for the tools to success so that when you're ready to maintain, you don't need to worry about falling off the bandwagon all because you haven't been counting points..

Welcome and good luck!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

The MFP database is awesome, but also overwhelming! When searching for foods keep in mind that an item with a * before it was submitted by a member - if there is no star then it is an orginal MFP food. An example would be to search for bananas, you'll see TONS of options come back and you actually have to scroll down to find the one with out the *. But, when you click on it you'll see it has well over 300 confirmations so clearly it is accurate. Took me a while for me to figure that out so I thought I'd pass it along!!

The community here is awesome. I don't miss the meetings at all because with my friends on MFP it feels like a meeting everyday!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I also dumped WW.....did not like the new program!

I was doing WW Online when my doctor told me about this place. First thing I did, when I got home, was look up this site...the 2nd thing I did was go to WW and cancel my membership. I like MFP so much better!! WELCOME TO MFP!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I used WW in the past and while I did lose some weight, I was so dang hungry ALL the time. I knew I couldn't stick with it very long because I was starving all the time.
  • Patchworkperson
    Patchworkperson Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When searching for foods keep in mind that an item with a * before it was submitted by a member - if there is no star then it is an orginal MFP food. An example would be to search for bananas, you'll see TONS of options come back and you actually have to scroll down to find the one with out the *. But, when you click on it you'll see it has well over 300 confirmations so clearly it is accurate. Took me a while for me to figure that out so I thought I'd pass it along!!

Thanks for that tip!

Geri
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Welcome! I am also a former WW member who had great success on the new program( I ate all bonus pts + exercise pts most of the time).....so much in fact that I continually lost weight the whole 12 weeks I was on it. Then I was "spoken to" about the fact I was losing too fast and it was implied I was "scale driven"....made me so MAD!! Mostly because it was untrue and partially because "hello I am following your program".....so my last 2 weeks of weigh in's I used MFP and informed them I was all set. Love this site 100000000x's better !!
  • Fatsau
    Fatsau Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, just thinking about doing the same
    MFP is so much better
    And it's freeeeeeeeee :heart:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    welcome! im glad my hubby convinced me not to sign up for ww online in jan and i found mfp! ive lost weight with ww before but then gained in back. mfp reminds me of the old ww points system but is a lot better as i can eat anything! and im soooo much more active than i was when i did ww!

plus its free! i refuse to pay someone to weigh me! lol
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    I also done WW propoints and couldn't get on with it so cancelled my membership through the week for MFP and find it brill.
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So glad I found Mfp cos neither WW or JC would accept me as I have a medical condition, so they can stick it! Was so angry but now I'm happy with weight loss and still have my $$!