Runners!!! Opinion on foot pod/HR monitor for Garmin watch?

Options
I have a Garmin Forerunner 15 that I absolutely love. However, I've been considering purchasing either the HR tracker, or the foot pod. At first, I liked the idea of the HR tracker because I could accurately measure how hard I go on runs and how much it varies (Like long runs compared to tempos, or recovery runs, mile repeats, etc.)

However at the same time, there are some areas I'm not able to use my GPS tracking (like in an indoor track), and I know the foot pod would help with accurate tracking of my runs when I'm unable to use the GPS. Overall, I'm just wondering if anyone has used the Garmin foot pod, or the HR tracker and how well it works/how much they like it???

Thanks and happy running! :)

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a 910 (owned a 305 and 610 before that) and I use the HRM all the time. I got a foot pod as gift last year and haven't used as I run outside pretty much all the time (I could use it for cadence which could be a useful metric). If I was deciding between the two HRM first (you can always just count your laps on a track....)
  • adrianacookxctf
    adrianacookxctf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a 910 (owned a 305 and 610 before that) and I use the HRM all the time. I got a foot pod as gift last year and haven't used as I run outside pretty much all the time (I could use it for cadence which could be a useful metric). If I was deciding between the two HRM first (you can always just count your laps on a track....)

Good points. Thanks so much, helps a lot!