Wheat free, fat free, sugar free

Options
Does anybody have any wheat/sugar/fat free recipes?!

Replies

• richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Boiled chicken breast.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Boiled chicken breast.

Yum. Almost think I'd rather starve.
    Guess you could poach a salmon in plain water.
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the fat free, but if you google search words like: gluten free, sugar free, diabetic friendly and gluten free, etc. you may find some recipes or blogs that would be helpful.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Plenty (for example, any vegetable or bean recipe that doesn't involve adding fat IF what you mean is added sugar free) -- but what are you planning to make?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    richln wrote: »
    Boiled chicken breast.

Yum. Almost think I'd rather starve.
    Guess you could poach a salmon in plain water.

But salmon has fat. So does chicken.

A cup of lettuce has 0.3 gram of sugar. does that count?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    A body needs fat to be healthy.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    A body needs fat to be healthy.

Yup. Sure does.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Plenty (for example, any vegetable or bean recipe that doesn't involve adding fat IF what you mean is added sugar free) -- but what are you planning to make?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Why? Are you trying to limit your "free" sugars? That might loosen up your choices a bit.

Nearly all protein based meals benefit from adding a little fat.

So protein meals without fat or sugar would be water packed tuna, or chicken breast as mentioned above. Sprinkle with hot sauce. Easy recipe.

This recipe has no wheat, no added fats and no added sugars.

chocolate-banana-caramel-cake05.jpg

http://talesofakitchen.com/desserts/chocolate-banana-cake-with-caramel-layer-and-cacao-nibs/

Another recipe. Of course there will be natural sugars in the squash and onions.
    https://www.teffco.com/recipes/millet-and-teff-with-squash-and-onions/
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You might be able to make sourdough injera using teff flour and a non-stick pan but again, why?

https://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/bread/recipe-injera.html
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Why? Are you trying to limit your "free" sugars? That might loosen up your choices a bit.

Nearly all protein based meals benefit from adding a little fat.

As does the absorption of vitamins from foods, of course. And many of the best protein sources will naturally have at least a little fat.

I think completely fat free (or sugar free) is a pointless goal, but am curious what OP is looking for. If just a side dish or a snack when worried about macro imbalances or the like, that would be different than, say, a full meal.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    OP, sugar and fat are 2 of the three macronutrients. All you have left is protein. So about your only option is egg whites. Even fat free Greek yogurt has lactose, a sugar.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Ice cubes.

^beat me to it.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Okay I can understand gluten and added (not intrinsic, like fruit) sugars for certain people... But fat? Really? The 1980's called & they want you to at least tease your hair and wear shiny day glo Lycra and leg warmers with that outdated diet advice.
    Healthy fats are good and necessary. They don't become fat in your body unless you are eating a surplus. And if you're eating a surplus all that fat free cr@p is going to become fat anyway. So enjoy some intrinsic fats. Avocados. Salmon. Whole milk dairy & cheese if you're into that. Walnuts. Peanut butter. Olive oil. Your brain, skin, hair and nails will thank you and you'll feel so much more satiated and sane all day during calorie restriction.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Um, sugar-free protein powder fluff?
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Air.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Got nothing, sorry.
    I hope you have some kind of medical condition that is forcing you to eat this way..
    Not that I hope you have a condition.
    What I'm trying to say is that if your only reason to take this route is for weight loss, then I promise you there are easier and healthier ways to achieve it.
  • tinger12
    tinger12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow, losing everything good about food. I guess you can drink water.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    OP, I am hoping that you are not being completely literal. I have cut back all the added sugars, but I still enjoy plenty of fruit with natural sugar. I also limit animal fats, but I enjoy fatty fish and plant based fats. In fact, I make sure I get plenty of the fruit, fish and plant based fats in my diet daily. They're important!!