Lost 5lbs in under a week?

Options
I have barely finished my first week of dieting and have been consuming around 1,230 cals a day + or - 100 depending on the day. No excercise yet, and i'm eating very little processed carbs or sugar. I stick to minimal rice and grains while focusing on eating more protein like eggs and chickpeas, and more veggies. And so far i have lost nearly 5 lbs! Its nice that im already making progress but i didnt expect such an instant decrease. Am i losing weight fast cuz its just water weight at the start? Will this fast-paced weight loss come to a hault soon? If so, when? And will this weight be very easy to gain back? It my metabolism speeding up cuz of the lack of bad carbs and sugars?

Replies

• hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mostly water weight - unlikely you're running a 2500 calorie per day deficit. Usually the big losses settle down after a couple of weeks. Enjoy it, but don't get discouraged when it settles down to something more reasonable.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did this as well. The general rule is anything over 2lb/wk is water weight. This may not be true if you are obese, doing sufficient resistance work, or the deficit is massive 50%+ as hill said.
  • celeste_barbieri
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up for me!