Volleyball - not played in 15+ years!

I used to play volleyball in high school and loved it. There is a club team I can join that plays on Fridays but I'm so scared I will so suck.

Anyone left it for so long and have it come back to you?

Replies

• damache12
    damache12 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there, I left the sport for about 15 years. I am now 39 and have been playing again for the last 4 years. It was tough at first because I felt I had to learn the game all over again. But now I play 3 to 4 times a week competitive indoor and out door. I love it so much. I would recommend that you jump on that club team and have some fun.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    edited November 2015
    Man we play at the local sonic when the weather is nice.. I was playing at 265 lbs. Running around like a madman. Let me tell u great excersice JUST GET OUT THERE..

I can't wait to get back out there this spring since I have lost over 40 lbs. I plan on killing it....
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Thanks both.... I just hope I don't feel like a total fool! But it is a rec team so I hope not too competitive...
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    I played intramural in HS since we didn't have an official guys team and would play beach vball in the summer. Started playing last year again and it came back fairly quick. Playing three nights a week this time around and love it :-)
  • Expatmommy79
    Thanks!
  • Expatmommy79
    So after this post I didn't play for a for a few weeks and then when I wanted to it was closed for the holidays.

I played yesterday and it was so.much.fun.

And I didn't suck. Very happy to be playing a sport again...much more fun than solitary gym time.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm playing again on Friday :)