*Newbie* what excersizes do you do on leg day/ tummy and upper body days?

I'm very very new to excersize, i randomly do squats and lunges for my legs and triceps dips and weights for arms.

I want to structure my week, so i have 2 leg days and 2 days for my core and 1 for upper body.
Are there other areas that need targeting? and what do i do on each of these day? Really clueless :)

Replies

• tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Bump
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    I would suggest you look at any of the programs Starting Strength, Stronglifts, or The New Rules of Lifting for Women - all are solid beginner programs to get you stronger, fast.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Yeah, pick a program; it will be more effective than randomly picking things to do. If you search the forums, you will find plenty of info about the programs listed above; most have apps you can dl. I borrowed New Rules for Women from the local library. That's how I started.
  • Motherbuttercup
    Motherbuttercup Posts: 2 Member
    I typically do strength every other other day. I do mix it up but a good mix would include some type of
    • pushup (this will work your chest and triceps) you can do it from the floor or counter.
    • a squat or squat jump
    • a plank from the forearms
    • a row if you have dumbbells
    I have been a personal trainer for 20 years and here's the basis for the workouts I develop:
    include moves that: plank, push, pull, twist, squat, lunge and hinge.
    I hope that helps. My user name is Motherbuttercup if you want to message me.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    I don't have a tummy day. Am I doing it wrong?