ive gained it all back:(

Options
so i joined mfp indecemberof 2010. i went from 163 to 153 in the course of those months, with a strict diet and excersize daily. butive gained it back. ive lost all controlof my eating, and ive gotten lazy about the gym. every time i eat i live for the moment. i never care about how its going to affect me later. and then after i regret it sosoososo much! does anyone else feel like they dont have control when it comes to eating? itmakes me so depressed and self concious every day and i dont know how to conquer it. please help

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello, it seems we are twins that were separated at birth :)

Look I am re starting today, you want to join me I would be glad of the company. I swear and cuss like a trooper and am not god fearing if either could offend don't add me but good luck anyways.... I am going to get my **** together AGAIN get to goal for september 21st .... All the best
  • briarashley
    Options
    i know this feeling. your not alone.
  • Annestoofat
    Options
    Well I feel ya girl. When it comes to being in the moment, food tastes good, and the results aren't an instant thing ( you don't gain the fat to your body instantly.) So it goes to the back of your mind. I'm not really one to give advise, as I'm struggling with this never ending circle jerk as well, but you're not alone.
  • swbernstel
    swbernstel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it helps to have a cheat day once a week. Stick to your diet all week, except for one day (mine is almost always a weekend, especially when going out with friends for drinks or something). On that day, eat what you want. It's your cheat day. But only once a week. It will give you something to look forward to on the weekend.

And just a warning, if you start eating cleaner and you go eat a whole bunch of fatty or greasy stuff all at once, your body will revolt, sorta. I made the mistake of eating Hardee's (worst place in the world now) for breakfast last week and couldn't really eat for the rest of the day because it felt like I had a Huge ball of grease sitting in my stomach. Eating Healthier and cleaner will eventually turn you away from the not-so-good-for-you foods, or at least make it easier to eat less of them and still be satisfied.

I know this was a mouthful, but I hope it helps. Feel free to add me as a friend and I will help you reach your goal.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I am going to say that if you do this lifestyle modification until.......and then you go back to your "old" habbits and forget about holding yourself accountable.......what do you think is going to happen?! Make it a lifestyle andforever change......it is easy for me to say because I refuse to "diet" I eat what I want when I want I just write it all down. sorry if this seems "harsh" but it is true.
    Best of luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our "bad" days. But we just have to realize that that's all it is and move forward. I have really bad eating habits, but I force myself to get my cardio work in to at least somewhat atone for it.

Hopefully you can get back into the groove of things. You know where you took a wrong turn and you're obviously wanting to get back on the right path. Once you do, I would say that if you have a bad day, just consider it as a bad day. Once the clock strikes midnight, it's behind you and a part of the past. Head up, eyes forward, and look to the sunlight of the new day.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well I feel ya girl. When it comes to being in the moment, food tastes good, and the results aren't an instant thing ( you don't gain the fat to your body instantly.) So it goes to the back of your mind. I'm not really one to give advise, as I'm struggling with this never ending circle jerk as well, but you're not alone.

I little off subject, but I have to say I chuckled a bit to see a woman use the term "circle jerk"... lol
  • briarashley
    Options
    A cheat day wouldnt work for me because Im likely to binge on that day and feel guilty and the next day it would be hard to get back on the wagon. thats me personally. what works for me is taking it one day at a time and not looking too far into the future otherwise anything seems impossible. so i say, ok, today im going to eat well and its an achieveable goal. youre doing so well will reaching out and being honest and wanting help on here.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If a cheat day is too much for you, try a cheat meal. Be reasonable, though. Don't go over 2000 calories in a single meal! (It's possible, I've eaten over 3000 calories in a single meal a few times in the past...)
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    This is exactly what I've been going through the last 6 months. Today is my restart day as well. Just have to take it one day at a time. I set up a reward for myself that if I make it the next 14.6lbs for myself (to get to 165lbs) without any binges or going over my calories that I get to pick out an item from a fashion magazine and buy it for myself :)

You can do this!!

Anybody that has this problem please add me as a friend, I could use lots of friends who struggle this way too! We can keep each other motivated!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    so i joined mfp indecemberof 2010. i went from 163 to 153 in the course of those months, with a strict diet and excersize daily. butive gained it back. ive lost all controlof my eating, and ive gotten lazy about the gym. every time i eat i live for the moment. i never care about how its going to affect me later. and then after i regret it sosoososo much! does anyone else feel like they dont have control when it comes to eating? itmakes me so depressed and self concious every day and i dont know how to conquer it. please help
    The fact is you will have to be conscious of everything you eat or you will always be on a vicious cycle of lose and gain. There is no shortcut around it. Try making it a lifestyle instead of investing one restrictive diet after another. A lifestyle still means you have to think about what you are eating, but you plan it so you can still enjoy food. I went to Ruby Tuesday's with the family. I knew I wanted to have dessert, so I choose my meal so that I could eat a full meal and still have dessert and stay under my calories limit. I didn't feel restricted or deprived. That's a lifestyle.I don't need cheat days or cheat meals because I am not dieting. I am eating sensible meals.