New to fitnesspal

Options
Hello everyone i am new to this site and hope it helps me in my weightloss. Any suggestions to make things easier. I get so unmotivated. I want to lose 40-50 lbs

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    A good way to get help is open up your food diary (at least to your friends, if not make it public) and log EVERYTHING that you eat. If you don't have a food scale, I highly recommend one. It's time consuming and tedious sometimes, but it really makes you aware of how much you are or, are not eating. And nothing is more motivating as when you start to see the pounds and inches drop!
  • angeleyes3239
    Options
    Talk..talk...talk...If your having a hard day hit one of us up and talk about it. In the past I have found that It helps a lot. and dont be afraid to ask for help and support. Thats what we are all here for. You can do this!!!!!! I m glad to have you as my friend and glad you found this site. We will all make this work together!!!:flowerforyou:
  • andrea33099
    Options
    I agree with everyone so far and want to add one more suggestion....stay busy. Its amazing when you start logging your activity how the calories burned adds up. Mowing my lawn is over 400 calories! thats a whole meal! So be active and keep track of it.....the more weight you lose the more you'll want to move too. Its also amazing how eating good foods makes you want to get up off the couch because you feel so much better.

After eating well for a little while I decided to try and cut out sugar as much as I can and have found that I dont crave it when I dont eat it. I dont know about you guys but when I have one handful of something, it turns into two, three, four....and who counts after the first one. haha.....Those those are my two big suggestions for you that have helped me a lot.....Be as active as you can and try to not eat sugary sweets. Ive lost some good weight and kept it off by following those simple rules.

This website is awesome to allow you to keep track of all that stuff. The logging in of food can take a little time at first, but the little extra work is totally worth it. All the greatest accomplishments in the world take hard work so accepting that this wont be easy is the first step in the battle. Work hard and reap the benefits!!! :)
  • slimdownmike
    Options
    Hi, welcome,

Just keep logging everything, it really does highlight things to you that you may not have been aware of, like for example I didnt really pay that much attention to the coffees I get from the machine at work each day, but after seeing the impact on the food log, I switched to the black coffeess and get myself an extra 200-300 calories a day!

Good Luck.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome!

log EVERYTHING that you eat. mfp will soon help you to eat clean and make better choices. are you doing any exercises? plenty of dvds out there to help you if you arent a gym bunny! also make sure you get your water in! and add lots of friends to keep u motivated!
  • noni77
    noni77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I've only just joined MFP - but I love how your home page has status updates so you can stay in touch with your friends on here easily and motivate each other. :happy: