Running, strength and cardio challenge

Options
MamaJess
MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
Ok, so I have began and woosed out about 60 + times. I am now ready to begin again with great determination and perserverience. Here is the challenge I am posting.
3 times a week --- Couch to 5 K
3 times a week --- zumba dvds or wii games or a class all of these are acceptable
try to do the first 2 of the challenge on opposite days
4 days a week do strength training and muscle building exercises lift weights or use your own body weight for this such as push ups and so on.
Who is with me?

Replies

• MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have began and woosed out about 60 + times. I am now ready to begin again with great determination and perserverience. Here is the challenge I am posting.
    3 times a week --- Couch to 5 K
    3 times a week --- zumba dvds or wii games or a class all of these are acceptable
    try to do the first 2 of the challenge on opposite days
    4 days a week do strength training and muscle building exercises lift weights or use your own body weight for this such as push ups and so on.
    Who is with me?

Also, this will begin on Monday June 13th and will end on July 31st.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yep I am in, have to exchange the class thingy for cycling or walking coz I don't have access to alternatives. I have lost all focus of late and I want progress by 31st July and BIG progress by sept 21st sending a friend request.
  • Dgbcdb
    Dgbcdb Posts: 2
    Options
    Excellent stuff MamaJess congrats on getting yourself organised. I did exactly that when I started a year ago and am now aiming at a 10k race in the summer. I went from overweight exec to a runner and knowone is more amazed by that than me.
    You have the secret already and I am so pleased for you that you are on the right track. Start small and regular and smile, enjoy it. The progression will take care of itself if you just follow those three simple rules.

Good luck

David