Half-way to success!

Options
patesq
patesq Posts: 111 Member
I recently reached the half-way point to my goal. I started at 247 and am down to 191. To get there, I've logged my food to the point of being annoying and have stayed within my goal every day. Today is the 4 month anniversary of joining the local gym. I have been twice a day every day but Sunday when I go just once. I have had to move some days around but I've been 13 times every week since we joined. I do cardio in the mornings. In the evenings, I do a little cardio for warm up and cool down and alternate upper body and lower body weight workouts. Like many others, I still don't see any difference when I look in the mirror but I can see the difference in my clothes. These pants fit me at the start of this:
605y4w9ptpci.jpg
I've been awful about taking pictures; I had to go back to last November to find any kind of "before" picture and, according to my 16 year old daughter, I'm a horrible selfie taker but here's what I have:
qd8ffmcnocbh.jpg

MFP has been a huge help. I refuse to eat anything that I can't log and I carry a portable scale in my purse so I can weigh things on the go. I got a Fitbit Charge HR for my birthday and I love having such a complete record of my calories burned. I think the most helpful thing has been learning that nothing is off limits if I stay within my calories. While I've almost completely cut out crap food, I was able to work in a piece of birthday cheesecake on my daughter's birthday and I have an occasional piece of bread or really good piece of chocolate. Moderation is key.

For any newbies out there, take before pictures and progress pictures. It will help you see your how your hard work is paying off. Also, take measurements. I didn't take measurements until a month had passed so I don't know how many inches I've lost. I also recommend an activity tracker. The Fitbit has made it so easy to track my workouts.

This site has been so inspirational. I appreciate others sharing their stories.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!! Thanks for sharing.
  • pixielation
    pixielation Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! How long ago did you start the weight loss?
  • FrankieandSpots
    FrankieandSpots Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good work! Thanks for telling us about your methods too :smile:
  • Straza66
    Straza66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Incredible, you're going at quite the pace! Man I just hit my halfway point after six years lol so seriously good on ya. Keep it up!☺️☺️
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow - great progress in such a short time. I also have a Fitbit Charge and agree that it is a great motivator. But hey, your daughter has a point - I would be smiling in my after picture (ear to ear). ;)
  • patesq
    Options
    Great job! How long ago did you start the weight loss?
    I started in July, 2015. Oddly, I have no idea what made me start or what has kept me going. I have wanted to lose weight for a long time. Both of my kids graduate in 2017, one from high school and one from college but that's never gotten me going before. I really don't want to be the fat mom at those events - I'm tired of it. I expect the loss to slow down now; my starting calorie goal has shrunk enough that I expect to lose more slowly. I have 17 months until the first graduation - 56 pounds should be doable in that time!

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wow such a difference! Congrats :)
  • patesq
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    Wow - great progress in such a short time. I also have a Fitbit Charge and agree that it is a great motivator. But hey, your daughter has a point - I would be smiling in my after picture (ear to ear). ;)
    I will try to smile next time! I think I have the selfie thing figured out now. At 51, I'm not part of the selfie generation :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very, very well done lass :-)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey so far keep up the good work
  • SarahKratos
    SarahKratos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!