Huh???

Options
Why is it since I started dieting and excercising I gained 4 pounds.............I thought you were suppose to lose weight, i've seen from previous post that it could be muscle mass either way you look at it it's still 4 lbs (maybe I shouldn't go by the scale huh) I didn't take my measurements which I should have but I will stay away from the scale because if I see that i've gain another lb I will not have any mercy on my scale......lol

I have a good one too it tells you everything, body fat, water weight and all that, maybe I should find my manual and figure out how to work those options.

Replies

• sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ok, you need to know, you did NOT gain 4 pounds of muscle weight in a short amount of time. Not unless you're taking 'roids and working out ten hours a day. Even then as a woman to gain four pounds of muscle weight it takes a loooong time and a lot of strength training. More likely it's water weight, associated with your period or sodium intake. Are you eating your exercise calories back? I know if I did, i'd be consuming more than i would have before i started trying to lose weight. The max I will eat back is 100 calories and only if I'm really hungry.
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ok, you need to know, you did NOT gain 4 pounds of muscle weight in a short amount of time. Not unless you're taking 'roids and working out ten hours a day. Even then as a woman to gain four pounds of muscle weight it takes a loooong time and a lot of strength training. More likely it's water weight, associated with your period or sodium intake. Are you eating your exercise calories back? I know if I did, i'd be consuming more than i would have before i started trying to lose weight. The max I will eat back is 100 calories and only if I'm really hungry.

Well I did just come off of monthly and no I don't eat my calories back, i've read somewhere that your are supose to but I know if I did i'll be back where I started before the excercise!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Having read your profile, maybe the meds aren't quite right yet. Could your doctor suggest a calorie limit appropriate to your condition?
  • lannahgirl
    lannahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Having read your profile, maybe the meds aren't quite right yet. Could your doctor suggest a calorie limit appropriate to your condition?

I was thinking that also, I go see her the beginning of July to see if the meds are right or needs adjusting!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I bet a little tweak of the meds will do the trick! Good luck!