Exercise plans

Options
Since having a kid and incurring some debt that prevents a membership for a few months at a gym. Are there amy exercise plans that introduces cardio and body weight exercise for the completely out of shape? Stuff I can do at home.

Thanks.

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym is pretty good, couple that with running or something similar to get a decent all round plan
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym is pretty good, couple that with running or something similar to get a decent all round plan

Thanks. Looks like it has good reviews. I used to work out a few years ago and miss the machines but I need to give something a try.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Also fitnessblender.com - you pick exercise videos by workout type, equipment needed and difficulty - and it's all free!
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Push up, squat, lunges( think that's how you spell it) sit ups, run and walk combo. Go on you tube to see how to do them right then mix and match to suit your own time and fitness Lvl. Have a sit up app on my iPhone that give me a day program every day to follow..
    Hope this helps..
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    yup, you can get a great workout at home doing body weight exercises. Lots of good ones mentioned already but you cant go wrong with the staples (squats, lunges, situps, pushups, leg lifts, dips).
    Cardio fortunately is even easier. Walk to begin with (you mentioned completely out of shape), and then add some jogging into your routine in short intervals during your walk. These walk/jog sessions are a super common way to introduce jogging into your life.
    Welcome and good luck