Hi all! New member looking for support <3

Options
Hi all! I'm new to myfitnesspal and though i'd better say hi.

I've struggled with food and weight my whole life. I am body dysmorphic and have a history of disordered eating but I've been recovered for quite a few years now which is great. I still struggle with the dysmorphia but at least I've got control over the eating :) I have two kids and I'm at my heaviest adult weight now, thanks to weight gain during pregnancy! I have weighed 147lbs, 225lbs and everything in between, and I'm fed up with always flying up and down! My eventual goal is 120lbs but I will happily settle for a slightly heavier, stable weight if needs be.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys better. I need all the support I can get and am ready and willing to return that support, so please do feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to MFP!!! Feel free to friend me. I too, have always struggled with my weight. I was teased all through school. But that is ok because I am going to get this weight off and like you said keep it there. I am stiriving for 130 that is what I weighed in school. I have like 50 to go. Good luck to you I hope you can achieve your goal:)
  • TinaKitten1969
    Options
    Hi Cherryb0mb,

I read your message and had to reply. Me too. I've had body dysmorphia for a long time now AND a history of disordered eating. I had been fine for two years and during this time my confidence built to the point where I was able to do something I'd wanted to do for a long time - leave my abusive and controlling husband. I am now in the process of divorcing him and have just discovered the man is filing for FULL residence of the children. Now. After I've had them for the last year - with him having them for one week per month and it's all been going well (children happy etc etc). Emotionally I'm all over the place and this obviously affects my eating. I'm trying to eat 'normally' but each time he texts me I binge !!! Silly, hey.

So in short I need support too. Would like to be your friend!!!

:-)
  • Sparrow_Feet
    Sparrow_Feet Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to MFP. I am Kelly and live in Berkshire.

The two things I find to success are: a) being really committed and determined, which it sounds like you are and b) having a support network to really encourage you along the way. A network is a great way of keeping on track. If you haven't already I'd really urge you to make your diary open to your network as that will really help. No one is here to criticise but I find the advice really useful....and can get ideas from other people's diaries. Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:

Good luck on your journey.

Kelly x
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. good luck with your journey. I have been here through ups and downs and got really "fit and healthy" and now am sliding back to old ways of over eating and self hate, but it's only been few months and this is a long process. I hope you will do well. I found great support here from people and found some amazing friends here. I'm sure you will too. Good luck and add me if you want friends on a same timezone. I live in England, down south, near Brighton. :smile:
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can never get enough support. Friend request sent.
  • cherryb0mb_
    Options
    thank you all so much for the warm welcome, advice and offers of friendship :) xxxx