Days that you eat like crap

Options
jestal332
jestal332 Posts: 3 Member
edited November 2015 in Motivation and Support
Today was one of those days for me.... and now I feel it. Gotta remember this feeling so I don't eat like I did today! I hope to fit in another workout. Maybe I'll feel better after that.

Replies

• rstrobridge10
    rstrobridge10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yup... I'm working on cutting out sweets (didn't realize how much I indulged until I started logging!!!) but I broke and had a cookie* today. I'm going to do some extra exercise tonight for sure; the soreness the next day is a great reminder that you worked hard today! The important thing is that you keep trying. One bad day doesn't ruin everything. Try to eat better tomorrow.

*(I know, one cookie by itself isn't bad, but I'm guilty of eating sweets like that almost every day, which isn't good. ;) I'm not depriving myself, promise!)
  • jestal332
    jestal332 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make sure to save some calories for sweets. I love them! I think it was the goulash I made that has me dragging. The. I cramped up during my run and had to cut it shorter than I was planning.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Plan a snack everyday and make sure it fits in with your calorie amount.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Hi, that's been me too! It's especially difficult when work brings in a catered lunch for a meeting and there's a tray of squares and people encouraging you to eat them. That's how I stumbled today.
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Days like this totally happen. All part of the process. Just keep going until you reach your goals!
  • fruitystix
    fruitystix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a blow out with 3 days of wine pasta lamb,cheesecake and general overindulgence and woke up very nauseous yesterday with stabbing pains in my upper abdomen which lasted all day. Feeling ok today though. Tea and soup today. Lesson learnt
    zorahgail wrote: »
    Days like this totally happen. All part of the process. Just keep going until you reach your goals!
    zorahgail wrote: »

• vjjohnson3
    vjjohnson3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I imagine that every day I am sick and have to fight for survival by eating clean and exercising. Because you never know when it is going to be true
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The last couple of days have not gone as planned. I have been totally grumpy and let it affect my diet. But tomorrow is gonna be better. I'm going to karate chop people in the throat with my emotions instead of eating them ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I never think of eating anything as good or bad. Only over eating, under eating, or being on my calorie and macro goals. Today I ate a lot of chocolate and peanut butter Cheerios. But I don't think of those foods as crap, they have macros I need. I just ate too much...whoops.
  • fruitystix
    fruitystix Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    vjjohnson3 wrote: »
    I imagine that every day I am sick and yiure sobright have to fight for survival by eating clean and exercising. Because you never know when it is going to be true

You're so right

• JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Happens to us all, if you use the MFP app theres the weekly calorie feature which makes it easier to adjust goals if you have a day of over eating.
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I'm cutting at 1800 calories and today I had at least 2500 and didn't even hit my protein goal :(