Meal Planning?

Options
Hi all, I'm looking for meal planning ideas. I don't mind rotating the same meals. It's been years, but I once served in the military and became accustomed to repeats :-) I'm interested in meals that will fit my calorie budget and that are everyday items that most people use. Any helps & hints welcome. Thanks!

Replies

• MelsDiet
    MelsDiet Posts: 69
    Options
    I rotate the same meals all the time. I try to stick to toast or special K cereal in the mornings, soups in the afternoons for lunch and then for dinner I have some sort of meat (chicken, steak, pork chops) with new potatoes and vegetables. Its not very exciting but it seems to be working for me.
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    I lke to make meatloaf but bake in muffin pan and serve with oven roasted potatoes. In the meatloaf I add chopped up broccoli/cauliflower/sweet potatoes, etc (what ever to get some veggies in it). Also use egg beaters, and mix my loaf 1lb grnd beef and 1lb grnd turkey. Easy on ketchup.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are cooking simply for you, or a family. These are my usual favorite choices.

Grilled chicken breast and veggies.
    Tuna on whole wheat or in a lettuce wrap.
    Egg whites with a sprinkle of cheese.
    Ground turkey or turkey burger and veggies.
    Greek Yogurt and fruit.
    Oatmeal, almonds, and fruit.

Looking over it now, that's pretty much all I eat Monday-Friday. Not very specific, and slightly boring. But safe choices for most.
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I rotate as well. I try to use as many things that are already the right size, then it eliminates having to measure and weigh - which also stops me adding 'just that bit extra, just this once - really'... :laugh:

I also plan my meals 2 weeks at a time and enter the fortnight all at once, then each day I only have to tweak it if I add something (because I'm naughty) or delete something (when I'm good!)... Then I print out the fortnight and stick it on the fridge, it means I don't have to think about what I can eat each day.

The base fortnightly plan is just repeated, with dinners changed...

Also, I get my groceries home delivered. I do my order on-line based on my menu plan, then I don't get tempted at the supermarket and I only have at home what I need. My husband and son eat different things to me (for example, I don't eat red meat and they like treats that I don't care for - thank goodness!).

So these are my little helpers, I hope some, or all, help you too :bigsmile:
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    By the way, feel free to poke at my diary if it helps. Just don't expect anything too exciting! And ignore water - I don't bother logging it :bigsmile:
  • Deeds1024
    Deeds1024 Posts: 10
    Options
    Frozen veggie burgers and veggies: I use frozen veggie burgers, and steam-in-the-bag veggies (USA) Throw it in a bowl, nuke it for 3 minutes and go to town. Devine!

Egg white/salsa breakfast wraps: I have a microwave dish that perfectly cooks 2 eggs in 90 seconds. Divide the yolks and whites as you choose. Throw it on a whole wheat tortilla with any leftover veggies you have in your fridge...like avocado, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms. Add salsa and fabulous food in 90 second flat.

Baked potato and turkey chili: My supermarket stocks baking potatoes that are shrink-wrapped for microwave cooking. Perfect every time, about 7 minutes. Top it with canned turkey chili...yummy and filling. You won't even miss the butter and sour cream.

Beans and rice: In the canned food aisle I have found these fabulous pouches of beans: soy, chickpeas, black beans. All with exotic and aromatic spices. And ready-to-eat pouches/cups of brown rice. I rip into the pouches and automatically put 1/2 of the beans and half of the rice into the fridge for later. Nuke the other half and gobble down.
  • jennyfoxx
    jennyfoxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In order for me to stay motivated I try to mix up my food plans wkly..My family seems to enjoy the variety as well...For the most part the family loves the food with the exception of Egg Plant:))

I will list just a few of the easy items that we enjoy!! Hope this helps..ENJOY

Breakfast is always Plain Oatmeal with 1% milk or Coconut milk

Other meals and snacks include:
    Sara Lee Lunch Meat on low cal bread
    Lean Pork chop
    Chicken tenderloins cooked in Olive Oil or Marinated
    Bean Burritos on low call shells
    Shrimp Burritos on low cal shells
    Tilapia
    Steamed veggies
    Bean & Rice and cheese mix
    Spinach salads with oil and vinegar
    Low fat cottage cheese
    Fit & Trim yogurt
    boiled eggs
    Berries since they are low call
    Plain animal crackers for snack
    Ice cream served in a dipping sauce cup:)) Just enough to cut the craving
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and fresh fruit (prefer pineapple)
    greek 0% yogurt and fresh fruit (prefer blueberries)
    canned salmon (or tuna -- slightly higher calorie count) with low fat mayo and pickles
    low carb bread (I eat "fitness bread") with peanut butter
    egg whites with avocado
    salmon broiled with salad
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    We rotate through the same meals every two weeks. There is always a bit of variaton, but for the most part its the same things. I cook for myself, my husband and 3 kids, around pickiness and food allergies. I work all the meals into my calories, and alot of times will have something a bit different. I don't eat hotdogs or hambrgers so I'll have chicken instead etc. Our meals look something like this:

Tacos
    Homemae pizza
    Pasta- spaghetti or alfredo usually
    Ginger beef and broccoli
    BBQ chicken in the slowcooker with steamed veggies and rice
    Pork - either chops, roast or tenderloin- with veggies and a side dish of whatever that day
    Hamburgers
    Bbq'd chicken breast, salad and bbq'd potatoes
    if its nice out we will bbq steaks,but thats a spur of the moment meal
    Chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and veggies.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your helpful information! :smile: