What happened to my motivation?

Options
I've been going for about 3 months and have seen results on scale and in the gym.... but these few days, i just feel blah and just want to eat? i'm pretty sure i'm hungry some time but others i'm snacking to snack... i haven't been motivated or committed these few days... what gives?

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    we all go through those depressing periods with our weightloss efforts. Maybe cause the holidays are coming upon us and you feel like you are missing out on things. Keep your eye on the prize and reorganze your efforts. Make a vision board, change your workout ect.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    nah, i'm not celebrating any of the holidays that are coming up so thats not it. i'm not eating a persay restrictive diet, I just am cutting calories... its weird! blah!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I've been going for about 3 months and have seen results on scale and in the gym.... but these few days, i just feel blah and just want to eat? i'm pretty sure i'm hungry some time but others i'm snacking to snack... i haven't been motivated or committed these few days... what gives?

I notice the colder weather is affecting me... as it gets colder I crave comfort food.
  • lemonychild
    Options

I notice the colder weather is affecting me... as it gets colder I crave comfort food.

yeah that is true.... what can be done about it!?
  • ihab90
    ihab90 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    riunmldknjo4.jpeg

I was going through some old pics and saw the pic on the left, I was shocked. I was so small. The pic on the right was EXACTLY ONE YEAR apart. I'm very pleased and shocked with the progress
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

The colder weather zaps my motivation to go out running or hiking as well. I think a lack of day light comes in to also.
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you experience seasonal impact, particularly if you are high in the north such as Canada, UK, Northern USA and Europe, look into supplementing D3 on a daily basis. A lot of the effect comes from insufficient sun exposure, which is impossible once you're higher than 47-50 degrees. Try 2,000-5,000IU a day and see if it makes a difference.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    It happens. This is the time to either try new foods to get more interest in your food, or try to rely on habits that you have formed over the last 3 months. Motivation comes and goes. Think of weight loss as your job. Do you have days where you don't want to go into work? Probably, but you do it anyway because you have an obligation. Stick to your daily calorie goals because you have an obligation to yourself.

I have been at this for a little less than 2 years. Have I always been motivated? No. Have I stuck to it every day? No. I HAVE kept going though. If I, with my short attention span, can keep going, you can too.

58841349.png
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Switch up your food, switch up your workouts. Make it exciting again. Hang in there - this too shall pass. If you're snacking just to snack, you may need to figure other ways to keep busy or distract yourself when the craving hits. Or burn more calories

How many calories are you consuming per day normally?

And yup, motivation does come and go. Just have to keep at it
  • lemonychild
    Options
    Haha yes just about everyday not trying to make it to work... I will try to keep going! Thanks ! Awesome progress though, go YOU!
    earlnabby wrote: »
    It happens. This is the time to either try new foods to get more interest in your food, or try to rely on habits that you have formed over the last 3 months. Motivation comes and goes. Think of weight loss as your job. Do you have days where you don't want to go into work? Probably, but you do it anyway because you have an obligation. Stick to your daily calorie goals because you have an obligation to yourself.

I have been at this for a little less than 2 years. Have I always been motivated? No. Have I stuck to it every day? No. I HAVE kept going though. If I, with my short attention span, can keep going, you can too.

58841349.png

• lemonychild
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Switch up your food, switch up your workouts. Make it exciting again. Hang in there - this too shall pass. If you're snacking just to snack, you may need to figure other ways to keep busy or distract yourself when the craving hits. Or burn more calories

How many calories are you consuming per day normally?

And yup, motivation does come and go. Just have to keep at it

I was going for 1600cals but going over the amount ... I do excercise just need to regulate food more
  • lemonychild
    Options
    ihab90 wrote: »
    riunmldknjo4.jpeg

I was going through some old pics and saw the pic on the left, I was shocked. I was so small. The pic on the right was EXACTLY ONE YEAR apart. I'm very pleased and shocked with the progress
    you seem like you're begging for attention and not helping with my question at all....

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have an ultimate goal, but I also have lots of smaller goals and challenges. I change them up and keep track of them.

On a daily basis. I post on the Just For Today thread here on MFP. I also have weekly and monthly goals and challenges that I keep track of on a calendar which is hanging up for my family to see and in a journal which I keep private.

I think of every one of them as commitments to myself, and consider them a top priority in my life. I want to get to my goal for a whole list of reasons and I am determined to do it.

For me it's less about motivation and more about determination.

• lemonychild
    Options
    Yes but I feel like my determination is down because my motivation is down :\ ... I guess the only answer to this is to keep going
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Yes but I feel like my determination is down because my motivation is down :\ ... I guess the only answer to this is to keep going
    Yes, the answer is to just keep going because what other choice do you have? But, you might try indulging some favorite foots for a couple of days- but log it. See how you feel. Mentally, it might give you a break. Physically, you might feel both full, and sick :smile: . I did this a month ago. I had a big burger, fries, and pie a la mode. It was great to be stuffed with that "normal" food again, but at 1600 calories for just one meal, I decided I wasn't going to go back to that "fun" eating.
  • lemonychild
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Yes, the answer is to just keep going because what other choice do you have? But, you might try indulging some favorite foots for a couple of days- but log it. See how you feel. Mentally, it might give you a break. Physically, you might feel both full, and sick :smile: . I did this a month ago. I had a big burger, fries, and pie a la mode. It was great to be stuffed with that "normal" food again, but at 1600 calories for just one meal, I decided I wasn't going to go back to that "fun" eating.

Yeah true... I generally do eat burgers but no fries I do like that!

Like u mentioned if I wanna get to the goal, I gotta keep goin