Beachbody exercise programs

Options
Hi all! - Wondering how to log certain BB exercises into exercise log... Any suggestions? If not - which is best fitness gadget for tracking? I'm doing PiYo, 21DF, and Brazil Butt Lift dvd's.

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I used a Fitbit Charge HR to calculate my burns from 21 Day Fix and it was very accurate.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Activity trackers are fancy pedometers. They work pretty well for step based activities.

Some activity trackers have a heart rate monitor built in. Heart rate monitors are designed for steady state cardio.
    Wrist only devices may have issues with arm movements. Chest strap devices are generally considered more accurate.

As with any tracker there will be some trial and error to get the right calorie adjustment for the exercise you do; and how it compares with the accuracy of your logging food.

Here's the FitBit group.....lots of information

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I'm only familiar with Brazil Butt Lift, but I'd log it as either strength training or general aerobic, depending on which workout I was doing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    PiYo is a mix of Pilates and Yoga, right? If there is a Pilates entry, I'd probably use that for PiYo.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    I used a Fitbit Charge HR to calculate my burns from 21 Day Fix and it was very accurate.

How do you know it was accurate? Not challenging your statement, just curious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't think a HRM would be accurate for PiYo, honestly, as it's not that intense at all (yeah, I've done it). I'd log it as pilates too, but honestly I would probably just log 100-150 calories.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

How do you know it was accurate? Not challenging your statement, just curious.

Compared it to a Polar HRM, a chest strap HRM, and, last but not least, the math checked out for my weight loss when I ate all of my exercise calories back.
  • lindsaybray
    lindsaybray Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info everyone! Info def helped :) I've heard lots about each of the different "gadgets" but thought I'd see what the majority thought worked best with this app. I will log my PiYo as Pilates though. Good idea
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think a HRM would be accurate for PiYo, honestly, as it's not that intense at all (yeah, I've done it). I'd log it as pilates too, but honestly I would probably just log 100-150 calories.

Why do you feel it would not be accurate? The Drench workout is 48 minutes and I am dripping sweat when I am done. There is jogging and burpees and constant movement. I use my Garmin chest strap HRM and got a 301 calorie burn. I don't eat back my exercise calories anyway but I like knowing for my own information.