Meditation and stretching exercises

Hi guys, I'm into meditation and stretching as a way to balance the cardio and general busy busy of life. I'm trying different apps for both music and daily thoughts to focus on (Doreen Virtue and Vision Quest Native American at the moment for me). I would love to have as long as possible daily but generally spend 10 mins in the morning and a few other little breaks in the day. Would you like to share any meditation styles you use?

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I do Pilates every Friday. It's not meditation but it's my relaxation and stretching time. I love stretching out after a long week. My mum used to go to a meditation class. I used to go with her sometimes. I miss that class
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    I do yoga three times a week and there's usually a period of guided meditation at the end. Sometimes, at night I listen to an MP3 by Roberta Saphiro that's guided meditation and visualization to help fall asleep. I find it very effective.
    I've been meaning to get a meditation DVD by Gaiam / Rodney Yee because I really like his style and I find his voice soothing.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Being a woman of the twenty first century, I have the attention span of a gnat. A veteran twigged me on to a breathing meditation that is simply attention on the breath as it gradually slows.

I also mindfully eat on occasion to extend the pleasure and the memory. That guided raisin meditation is super easy to google.