At Home Workouts

Options
kj26boys
kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
I'm restarting... I'm probably crazy doing it now but I HAVE to do something, I'm sooooo out of control. In the past I'd get up in the morning and go to the Y. Now that it's snowing and cold I won't be able to do that as easily. I'm pretty heavy so at home DVDs are a little limiting for me. I've got Jillian Michaels 30 day shred but it's too hard on my knees right now. What are good at home workouts that those find helpful for heavy folks in the beginning? At the y I'd just do the elliptical/treadmill and light weights. I don't have a big living room to walk around in.

Replies

• melsetsy
    melsetsy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anytime is a good time to start or start over!! I'd suggest you go to fitnessblender.com...it's free and they have workouts for every level of fitness!! Keep at it, don't give up and believe in yourself! You can do this!!!
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I loved Turbo Fire and P90X. That's where my fitness journey began. You can modify the moves to be low impact and still get a great workout.
  • charlie_anne
    charlie_anne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebell/kettlercise routines on youtube
  • TinaFitPT
    TinaFitPT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are loads of great vids on Instagram just search for the part of the body that you want to work on and there are loads of people to follow and do home workouts no matter how big you are. Just take it easy and take your time! Good luck :)
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Jessica Smith videos are great! She got a lot of free workout on YouTube and DVD if you want to buy too.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Or you could try Daily Burn @ $12.95 per month. They have a good mix of exercises.

charlie_anne: Like you I love kettle bell exercise - my favorite go to - those swings really works the stomach.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks for all your feedback, this will def get me started.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Love the suggestions, personally fitness blender is one of my favorites, you can pick whatever type of workout type, equipment you'd like to use and length of time you'd like for the perfect workout.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred. From there you would advance to the 30 Day Shred you already own.
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith videos are great! She got a lot of free workout on YouTube and DVD if you want to buy too.

I agree. I like the walking ones on YouTube.

• Buckeye_Dave
    Buckeye_Dave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Another vote for fitness blender!
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You could also look at the beginner circuit on Nerdfitness.com, you can adjust some of the workouts to your needs.
  • HostageCat
    HostageCat Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    as others has said FitnessBlender is good, I also really like XHIT Daily, REFITREV has zomba which is really fun and here is a link to one of my favorite zomba workout https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4pA2R7Vk8 this one is from Danny's Workout.
    ps. all above are on youtube.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest Beginner Shred too! I'm enjoying Piyo right now - not a beachbody coach - I got them used on Ebay. LOL I like that it is bodyweight exercises and no equipment needed.
  • chocolatemint12
    chocolatemint12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Walk Away The Pounds is a nice starter workout. Maybe some of the starter programs before going into the aggressive ones. For example, Turbo Jam before Turbo Fire. Power 90 before P90x. Hip Hop Abs before Insanity.
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the Walk at Home program. It's Leslie Sansone's updated program, formally known as Walk Away the Pounds. It's walking in place with a few aerobic moves mixed in. I am over 300lbs and am able to do it easily while still breaking a sweat and feeling like I've done a great workout. The DVDs are very affordable, and you can even download stream-able versions for a lesser cost. Give it a try!