Sugar !

Options
Hi guys, i made a big mistake today. I ate over 600 cal of chocolate cake !! I feel very very sad. But i burned over 800cal after it. I want to ask is it work like that ? Did i burn what i ate ? Because i'm doing my diet for a month now ):

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Whether or not your burned it afterwards doesn't really matter. Chocolate cake is yummy. Eating it once in a while, even 600 calories of it, won't put you too far off your goals (or smaller portions that fit within your calories on a more regular basis). Consider, even if that 600 calories was all on top of your regular calorie goal, if you did it just once, you'd still be in a 2900 calorie deficit for the week, assuming you're going for 1 lb per week lost. You might lose less than a pound, or you might end up compensating for it by eating a bit less on the other days (I'm 50-100 calories under some days without even trying).

The bigger issue is how you look at food. Since your topic title is sugar, I would guess you think the cake is bad for you because it has sugar/is "junk" food. (Plus the idea that it's a "big mistake.") It's not. It's food. In general, you want to aim for a mostly nutrient-rich diet, for health, but for weight loss it's calories that matter. There isn't really and "bad" foods, just foods that have more or less calories, more or less nutrients. It's okay to fit some "treats" into your daily diet and calorie goals. For long-term sustainability and mental health, it may even be better than a strict, no "junk" diet (YMMV)

ETA - since you exercised for around 800 calories (could be more, could be less, it's hard to be super accurate) it balances out those calories. But please, don't use exercise as punishment for eating something. Exercise is great for health, physical and mental, and helps to increase deficit, so keep exercising. It just can become a problem if you try to use it to "undo" the stuff you feel guilty for eating. (I hope that makes sense. I'm not criticizing today's decision, just trying to put it in perspective for future healthy habits)
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think I would feel very happy with a big piece of chocolate cake. Don't be sad.
  • Dhaital
    Dhaital Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Whether or not your burned it afterwards doesn't really matter. Chocolate cake is yummy. Eating it once in a while, even 600 calories of it, won't put you too far off your goals (or smaller portions that fit within your calories on a more regular basis). Consider, even if that 600 calories was all on top of your regular calorie goal, if you did it just once, you'd still be in a 2900 calorie deficit for the week, assuming you're going for 1 lb per week lost. You might lose less than a pound, or you might end up compensating for it by eating a bit less on the other days (I'm 50-100 calories under some days without even trying).

The bigger issue is how you look at food. Since your topic title is sugar, I would guess you think the cake is bad for you because it has sugar/is "junk" food. (Plus the idea that it's a "big mistake.") It's not. It's food. In general, you want to aim for a mostly nutrient-rich diet, for health, but for weight loss it's calories that matter. There isn't really and "bad" foods, just foods that have more or less calories, more or less nutrients. It's okay to fit some "treats" into your daily diet and calorie goals. For long-term sustainability and mental health, it may even be better than a strict, no "junk" diet (YMMV)

ETA - since you exercised for around 800 calories (could be more, could be less, it's hard to be super accurate) it balances out those calories. But please, don't use exercise as punishment for eating something. Exercise is great for health, physical and mental, and helps to increase deficit, so keep exercising. It just can become a problem if you try to use it to "undo" the stuff you feel guilty for eating. (I hope that makes sense. I'm not criticizing today's decision, just trying to put it in perspective for future healthy habits)

Thank you so much i really feel better with your words ❤
  • Dhaital
    Dhaital Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    magtart wrote: »
    I think I would feel very happy with a big piece of chocolate cake. Don't be sad.

Yeah i will, thanks alot ❤
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I ate 1100 calories of chocolate lava cake in one sitting a couple of weekends ago. :) It'll be okay. Just don't do it all the time.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    magtart wrote: »

I would too. :D