Hungover & Hungry

Options
Anyone find they're super starved after a night out on the drink? I've used up nearly all my calories today and still dyyyying of hunger. Boo :(

Replies

• caralark
    caralark Posts: 2
    Options
    Drink more water. You're not hungry, you're dehydrated.
  • scruz627
    scruz627 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Agree. Also, when trying to lose weight, try to stay away from alcohol a bit. A beer is alright, but having enough to be hungover is a lot of extra calories...
  • cmstafford
    cmstafford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cara you're right, thank you! I haven't had any water today except to mix with Berocca :)
  • cmstafford
    Options
    Scruz oh I know that alright... I can't keep away from booze though! I try to eat a bit less to compensate for my alcoholism, as bad as that sounds.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree with others. Drink lots of water. Your body is definitely dehydrated. I hate hangovers lol
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    dehydration, that makes so much sense! i mean i already knew that after a night of drinking the body is dehydrated but i never put two and two together that hunger is actually thirst, even though i have read in a few books that when we're hungry it's actually probably that we're thirsty. can't believe i didn't put two and two together until now. i'm so glad i read this post! (haha sorry, i'm only 20 so i'm a big drinker and not planning to cut down anytime soon, and i live in australia where the drinking age is 18 before anyone starts to get worried/confused)
  • cmstafford
    Options
    Skinimin: I'm in Australia too, we need alcohol to survive here, right?! :P
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. You're not hungry, you're dehydrated.

Yup .. drink water or gatorade... helps flush your liver.. and do NOT take Tylenol !!!!it can cause liver damage !!!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    eat a bowl of oatmeal

take some buffered aspirin
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Repeat but driving WATER and GATORADE home... DO NOT DRINK ANYTHING WITH CAFFEINE. Some people think "I have a hang over I better drink a cup of coffee for the headache" the truth of the matter is coffee is a diarrhetic it will only dehydrate you more. For ever oz of caffeinated beverage you drink you will have to drink 2 oz of water. This is the same for alcohol. Now here's a tip for next time. I don't have much time to go out anymore and drink (two kids and a hubby haha) but

I never experience a hangover if i followed a simple rule.

1.) Eat something before you go out. Drinking on an empty stomach is a bad
    2.) Drink lots of water. Every time you order a drink your next drink should be some water (it will prevent getting a killer hangover... and nobody ever really will say anything and if they do they will be the one sickest in the morning haha if your worried about it. ask for a lemon with it. and say its straight vodka)

As for the weight loss you can have drinks, but just don't over do it and choose low cal alternatives. I don't drink beer really so i don't have that problem. I drink diet sodas with my mixed drinks. I don't often do shots because i can't enjoy them as long. most the time its just pure calories.. I can drink a shot of capn for 90s cals or a shot of capn and diet coke for the same haha
  • cmstafford
    Options
    Very good advice! Thank you! xx