Need help - recipes get saved with tens of thousands of calories

Options
pdumontel
pdumontel Posts: 1 Member
I would post this in technical help, but that doesn't seem to be possible.
Two recipes I have entered seem to be all right just until they're saved. A recipe that had 180 calories per serving suddenly is 11400+! Myfitnesspal tech folks, why is this happening? Trying to save it again gets the same result, with even more calories!

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Without screenshots it would be very difficult to guess why this is happening. check the amount on the items you are adding to the recipe, look to see if any ingredient is particularly high. For example, if you've somehow entered 5g of butter as 5 kg, the calorie count on it would be a wee bit higher than expected ;)
  • madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There are some parts of the recipe box which are currently not working properly.
    One of the current issues is that for some ingredients, for whatever reason, the calorie count is multiplied by 100 (e.g. a banana will register as 12300 calories). Send MFP an email with screenshots (go to the 'help' tab up top to find it) and let them know your issues.
    They say they are working to fix it, but it's been a while now this has been happening, so I don't know what's going on.
  • sherrifRed
    sherrifRed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too!

quote="pdumontel;10289706"]I would post this in technical help, but that doesn't seem to be possible.
    Two recipes I have entered seem to be all right just until they're saved. A recipe that had 180 calories per serving suddenly is 11400+! Myfitnesspal tech folks, why is this happening? Trying to save it again gets the same result, with even more calories![/quote]

Hs
  • sherrifRed
    sherrifRed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too